Next Match: Image
Southampton in the Premier League.
Momday 13th July 2020, KO 20:00 UTC.
mikey
Supporter
Supporter

Re: What would you like to see next season?

Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:45 pm

One of the reasons that we had that successful run against the top 6 teams was because LvG had his best side available. Rooney was a part of that, and was scoring. Earlier on in the season, before that, he was scoring. He had a poor run in, i'll give you that, but poor by his high standards, but then again, we were missing vital cogs. Sad fact is; Falcao was shit, Di Maria was shit, RvP was bobbins, the supply from midfield was shit (of which Rooney was part of), and we were conceding shit goals. All of it was pretty shit. Not just Rooney, not by a long way.

mikey
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:47 pm

Relly wrote:
mikey wrote:
Relly wrote:If we want to return to quick counterattacking football then we need to drop Rooney. He slows our build up play way down.
Is this another thread that's going to turn into the Relly really hates Rooney (RrhR) debate?

Barcelona genius Messi hails 'exceptional' Rooney

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... si-9441624
“If you look at the technical ability of a player like Wayne Rooney, he is as good as any player in Europe,” says Messi.

“Rooney has exceptional quality. Not just great technical ability, but also works very hard for his team.”

The Barca genius, who’ll be 28 this month doesn’t expect to become a future team mate of the England skipper at the Nou Camp.

“I’m sure Manchester United will never want to let him leave.”
However, Messi said he agrees with some bloke of the internet that Rooney slows down United's attacking play, and even suggests dropping him "I think Alex Ferguson saw this coming, this is why he tried to sell him, you can see he is on the decline, he contributes nothing to the counter attack and actually slows down play"
I made that last quote up

Messi, what does he know about foosball!
How often does Messi watch Rooney play? I highly doubt he takes his saturday afternoons off to watch United play. Seems like a very generic comment to throw out about another professional when put on the spot by some reporter's question. Either way, this was from a year ago. Rooney has regressed even more since then.
How is this from last year?

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:32 am

Whether it was yesterday or a ten years ago, I stand by my comment that Messi probably watches Rooney highlights at best and has not watched the last two full seasons.

And one professional saying nice things when asked about another professional is just something you do.

"Make America Great Again!"

marcus leong
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:49 am

We know how great players are guaranteed to be "great scout and coach".

Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”