Loading...
Next Match: Image
Southampton in the Premier League.
Momday 13th July 2020, KO 20:00 UTC.
User avatar
The United Stand
Partner
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:30 pm

Why I hate Real Madrid

Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:09 pm

With reports from Madrid that they're confident they've convinced De Gea to join them and United clinging on hoping for a miracle, here's The United Stand rant on why we hate Real Madrid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Odek0xTGY0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Give us YOUR thoughts on the so called football puritans below


ImageThe United Stand | Click Here http://goo.gl/GdrxE9 & Join in today! Image

User avatar
RoddyN
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 6:31 pm

Re: Why I hate Real Madrid

Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:39 pm

MarkG wrote:With reports from Madrid that they're confident they've convinced De Gea to join them and United clinging on hoping for a miracle, here's The United Stand rant on why we hate Real Madrid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Odek0xTGY0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Give us YOUR thoughts on the so called football puritans below
Anybody from Manchester United who hates Real Madrid really knows very little about the friendship between these two clubs.
This friendship started when Matt Busby took Manchester United,as English champions,to be the first English team into the "old" European Cup in 1956/57
This was to defy the English FA who tried to stop them entering
The season before they had stopped Chelsea entering as champions

In this,their first season the Babes covered themselves in glory and reached the semi final
They lost to Madrid.
The first leg in Madrid was played in front of 135,000 fans and United lost 3-1
The second leg at Maine Road(no floodlights) in front of a full ground ended up 2-2
Madrid went on to win the first 5 European cups
That's how good they were with Di Stehano,Puskas,Gento

Real Madrid loved the way that United played which was free flowing football similar to them
A friendship was born

When the Munich tragedy happened the following season it transpired that United were not insured
Sentiment aside United were broke and most of the team were dead

Madrid did not hesitate and played United in a significant number of friendlies for free
Just check how many times they played each other at Old Trafford in friendlies in the early/mid 1960's.
Do you know what Madrid could have charged?
Would the current United team play anybody for free?
I think not!!

Am amusing aside
I heard from a player of that era(unfortunately no selfie to prove it) that Matt Busby presented either Di Stefano or Puskas(can't remember which one) with a watch as a thank you for coming to play,and as a token of admiration
Matt had his phone number engraved on the back with a message to call him if he ever decided to leave Madrid

So on to the players that have now left or might leave United to join Madrid
Ronaldo was the first and had indicated that he wanted to go
Not that he hated the club but he wanted a different lifestyle and climate
He stayed a full season afterwards and we all knew he was going
United cashed him in for a huge £80m and it's not his fault the Glazers used the money to pay themselves and interest payments.
Not necessarily in that order.
Even the most hardened Glazer fan has admitted that in that era teh payments were crippling United
That money has never been returned to the club and Ronaldo has never been replaced
That's not Madrids fault

Now we have DDG
He was on 50K a year and a 5 year contract
After one season he was poor so he went into the second season on the same contract

By the end of that season he was a champion.
United won the league and for the last 2/3rds of that season he was excellent
But still he was on £50k a week and no contract extension

He was the player of the year in season 3 and still no extension to his contract and no salary increase
Towards the end of season 4(again player of the year) United opened up contract negotiations
Too fcukking late

If he signs where is the evidence that they won't use a large buyout clause just to feather our own nests?
There are rumours that he doesn't like Manchester.Where is the evidence
there are rumours that his girlfriend wants him to move.Where is the evidence.

So if he is pissed off with United.Who wouldn't be
Hart is on and has been on significantly more than £100k a week for several years and he ain't as good
All Madrid see is possibly the worlds best goalkeeper becoming available because of United penny pinching

what's that got to do with Madrid
Why hate them
Would you rather he went to Barca or Chelsea or even the Berties?



Martin
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6522
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:22 pm

Re: Why I hate Real Madrid

Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:40 pm

No club can moan about having players pinched this way. For every de Gea that is poached there's a Luke Shaw or Marouane Fellaini that was poached off someone else. That goes for pretty much every club.

I'll post more about Real Madrid later though, definitely one of the biggest many birth canals in world football.


Make football fabulous again!

User avatar
RoddyN
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 6:31 pm

Re: Why I hate Real Madrid

Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:41 pm

Martin wrote:No club can moan about having players pinched this way. For every de Gea that is poached there's a Luke Shaw or Marouane Fellaini that was poached off someone else. That goes for pretty much every club.

I'll post more about Real Madrid later though, definitely one of the biggest many birth canals in world football.
Evidence?

Please see my post



Martin
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6522
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:22 pm

Re: Why I hate Real Madrid

Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:44 pm

I don't care about the friendlies, I knew about this ages ago and besides that's not relevant to the points I'm going to make. Has nothing to do with United and only to do with Real Madrid.

No point quoting me until later cos it will be a long post and I don't have time right now.


Make football fabulous again!

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6680
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Why I hate Real Madrid

Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:55 pm

Madrid are many birth canals. Sometimes theyre nice, sometimes theyre not. Theyre a very different side now the one in 1950's though

Signing De Gea is not one of the reasons why theyre many birth canals. Hes leaving us. We stood by him through his shit faze, sang song and cheered his name. Now hes gone to boos jeers and that fat spanish waiter. Enjoy


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
The United Stand
Partner
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:30 pm

Re: Why I hate Real Madrid

Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:13 pm

I know the past between United and Madrid and respect that. I also know that Di Stefano wanted to award his Balon D'or to Duncan Edwards the year Edwards died - Duncan is my all time United legend so again I respect that.

However, and I raise this in the video, Madrid are detached from the great club of the past. Since the Galatico era started in 2002 they've become the Spanish Man City. No interest in developing their own talent, all they do is buy the best talents in the world each year, funded by the Spanish Government.

I personally can't stand them.


ImageThe United Stand | Click Here http://goo.gl/GdrxE9 & Join in today! Image

User avatar
Ydrah.Tom
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1147
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:58 pm

Re: Why I hate Real Madrid

Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:22 pm

I prefer them to Barcelona, both on and off the pitch.

But that's not really saying much, since the galácticos era they've been able to afford everything but class.



User avatar
Otis
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Why I hate Real Madrid

Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:38 pm

RoddyN wrote:
MarkG wrote:With reports from Madrid that they're confident they've convinced De Gea to join them and United clinging on hoping for a miracle, here's The United Stand rant on why we hate Real Madrid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Odek0xTGY0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Give us YOUR thoughts on the so called football puritans below
Anybody from Manchester United who hates Real Madrid really knows very little about the friendship between these two clubs.
This friendship started when Matt Busby took Manchester United,as English champions,to be the first English team into the "old" European Cup in 1956/57
This was to defy the English FA who tried to stop them entering
The season before they had stopped Chelsea entering as champions

In this,their first season the Babes covered themselves in glory and reached the semi final
They lost to Madrid.
The first leg in Madrid was played in front of 135,000 fans and United lost 3-1
The second leg at Maine Road(no floodlights) in front of a full ground ended up 2-2
Madrid went on to win the first 5 European cups
That's how good they were with Di Stehano,Puskas,Gento

Real Madrid loved the way that United played which was free flowing football similar to them
A friendship was born

When the Munich tragedy happened the following season it transpired that United were not insured
Sentiment aside United were broke and most of the team were dead

Madrid did not hesitate and played United in a significant number of friendlies for free
Just check how many times they played each other at Old Trafford in friendlies in the early/mid 1960's.
Do you know what Madrid could have charged?
Would the current United team play anybody for free?
I think not!!

Am amusing aside
I heard from a player of that era(unfortunately no selfie to prove it) that Matt Busby presented either Di Stefano or Puskas(can't remember which one) with a watch as a thank you for coming to play,and as a token of admiration
Matt had his phone number engraved on the back with a message to call him if he ever decided to leave Madrid

So on to the players that have now left or might leave United to join Madrid
Ronaldo was the first and had indicated that he wanted to go
Not that he hated the club but he wanted a different lifestyle and climate
He stayed a full season afterwards and we all knew he was going
United cashed him in for a huge £80m and it's not his fault the Glazers used the money to pay themselves and interest payments.
Not necessarily in that order.
Even the most hardened Glazer fan has admitted that in that era teh payments were crippling United
That money has never been returned to the club and Ronaldo has never been replaced
That's not Madrids fault

Now we have DDG
He was on 50K a year and a 5 year contract
After one season he was poor so he went into the second season on the same contract

By the end of that season he was a champion.
United won the league and for the last 2/3rds of that season he was excellent
But still he was on £50k a week and no contract extension

He was the player of the year in season 3 and still no extension to his contract and no salary increase
Towards the end of season 4(again player of the year) United opened up contract negotiations
Too fcukking late

If he signs where is the evidence that they won't use a large buyout clause just to feather our own nests?
There are rumours that he doesn't like Manchester.Where is the evidence
there are rumours that his girlfriend wants him to move.Where is the evidence.

So if he is pissed off with United.Who wouldn't be
Hart is on and has been on significantly more than £100k a week for several years and he ain't as good
All Madrid see is possibly the worlds best goalkeeper becoming available because of United penny pinching

what's that got to do with Madrid
Why hate them
Would you rather he went to Barca or Chelsea or even the Berties?
Great post Roddy,your knowledge of our club is admirable.

I would recommend a book by John Ludden called A Tale Of Two Cities. Manchester and Madrid 1957-1968
to anyone who is interested in the relationship that once existed between the two clubs.


If you walk with Jesus,He's gonna save your soul.You gotta keep the Devil way down in the hole.
Wayne Rooney....Manchester United Legend.
Come back Ray,the board needs you.

User avatar
Maverick McKillshark
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6649
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:29 am

Re: Why I hate Real Madrid

Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:41 pm

I can't bring myself to hate any football club. I certainly hate to see our rivals winning, but that doesn't translate to actively hating the clubs themselves. The reason being that football is a sport, and without rivals then where would that leave United?

Take Liverpool as a better example.

We hate Liverpool and Liverpool hate us. We make lists of reasons as to why we're justified in hating Liverpool and they'll make lists of reasons as to why they're justified in hating us. They love their club and we love ours. Essentially there's no difference between them and us whatsoever, yet we claim that we're right and they're wrong whilst they claim the opposite. Without United though, what would Liverpool be playing for? Without Liverpool, what would our own motivation for playing be? Each of these clubs' existence as meaningful entities is wholly reliant upon the other.

That's the nature of sporting rivalry. A boxer isn't a boxer at all if he has nobody to fight.

This notion I fully respect and thus know full well that I'd be less of a United supporter if our rivals weren't around. So in truth, I love our rivals, quite simply because I love to beat them.

In direct response to the OP then: there's probably some Spaniard right now signing up to all the Real Madrid messageboards plugging his own YouTube channel and claiming how much he hates United. My question: is his hatred justified?

I do realise btw that this post has become far too existential to be taken seriously, so yeah I hate them.

Madrid boooooo!


HP Sauce salesman of the month January, May, June 2015

User avatar
SUBXERO
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1194
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:20 pm

Re: Why I hate Real Madrid

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:12 pm

Maverick McKillshark wrote:I can't bring myself to hate any football club. I certainly hate to see our rivals winning, but that doesn't translate to actively hating the clubs themselves. The reason being that football is a sport, and without rivals then where would that leave United?

Take Liverpool as a better example.

We hate Liverpool and Liverpool hate us. We make lists of reasons as to why we're justified in hating Liverpool and they'll make lists of reasons as to why they're justified in hating us. They love their club and we love ours. Essentially there's no difference between them and us whatsoever, yet we claim that we're right a and they're wrong and they claim the opposite. Without United though, what would Liverpool be playing for? Without Liverpool, what would our own motivation for playing be? Each of the clubs' existence as meaningful entities is wholly reliant upon the other.

A boxer isn't a boxer at all if he has nobody to fight.

That's a notion I fully respect and I know full well that I'd be less of a United supporter if our rivals weren't around. So in truth, I love our rivals, quite simply because I love to beat them.
Fair point, which I also share. That's why I've never wished Liverpool a drop or whatsoever. It all counts for us no matter how good they are, as long as they sit a place below us.

Why do we hate Liverpool? Because of the city? Because of their success in the past? Because of the silverware? Because of the Kop? Because of their fans? Because of YNWA?

Sure everyone of us has his own reasons. Sure everyone of us has his own kind of hate.

I for my part don't hate the LFC. I DO respect them. More than any other team. Why? Because they are our No 1 rivals. No berties, no dirties!

If we look back in the past we would see two clubs built up to their greatness by the same type of persons having had similar principles, visions, and goals.

Or should we mention the friendship between Sir Matt and Bill Shankley, and then again between Sir Matt and Bob Paisley?

Yes, times they are changing, would you say. SAF never lost a single kind word about LFC. But he also hasn't about any other rival club has he? Other would mind it was all on personal level between him and Kenny Dalglish. Who knows? Does this fact make him a greater person? Not in my world.

I hate it when it's not us winning but, in general, that's it.



P.S. In response to Mav's P.S. : I hate Real Madrid too, however for reasons having little to do with football. Actually, Real Madrid has less and less to do with football.


UNITED > ENGLAND

User avatar
The United Stand
Partner
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:30 pm

Re: Why I hate Real Madrid

Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:57 pm

Hate is obviously used a little tongue in cheek, it just makes a better headline than "Why I'm not too keen on Real Madrid" LOL


ImageThe United Stand | Click Here http://goo.gl/GdrxE9 & Join in today! Image

User avatar
RoddyN
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 6:31 pm

Re: Why I hate Real Madrid

Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:14 pm

Sandies wrote:Madrid are many birth canals. Sometimes theyre nice, sometimes theyre not. Theyre a very different side now the one in 1950's though

Signing De Gea is not one of the reasons why theyre many birth canals. Hes leaving us. We stood by him through his shit faze, sang song and cheered his name. Now hes gone to boos jeers and that fat spanish waiter. Enjoy
Who's the "we" that stood by him through his shit faze
Certainly he had a poor first season
He was 20 years old
He had no physique worth talking about and he was taking over from VDS which were massive boots to fill

He needed coaching and building up which was always obviously the way it was always going to be
ONLY 15 months later he had turned it all round and was rapidly becoming one of the best in the world
He won the league,as stated,earlier and continued improving to the point that he has almost carried this club for 2 full seasons
He didn't get an extra coin or contract extension and still he has remained quiet and got on with it

Now and only now when his contract is critical have United deemed it worthy to speak to him
Is it to reward him or is it to give him a big new contract so United can just cash him in?

So you boo him all you want but what does that make you?
You might well have sung his name in that bad 18 months but i suspect he might not have heard you from Melbourne
The fans might well have sung his name all year long but they don't give him the salary and contract increase he has deserved for a long time

Real Madrid do indeed pay fortunes out and funded by the Spanish government
Barcelona pay fortunes out(Messi.Suarez,Neymar).And what do we do?We let have them have Pique ala Pogba style to save a few quid
The berties pay a fortune out
And Chelsea spend more

What do those teams have in common?
Well two things
They are both the best in their respective countries and they both waste shareholders money on football and players
Apart from one relatively small window we ain't invested
And what does that leave us.
Well singing of course
About a special night in 1999(16 years ago
About George Best(45 years ago) and about a useless crock Falcao

But we shouldn't talk about the past in 1999 and 1968 as Real Madrid weren't many birth canals then

So bollocks to Madrid and Barca and Chelski and come on Evans and Clecerley and Falcao
We're singing a song



User avatar
RoddyN
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 6:31 pm

Re: Why I hate Real Madrid

Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:16 pm

MarkG wrote:Hate is obviously used a little tongue in cheek, it just makes a better headline than "Why I'm not too keen on Real Madrid" LOL
Reported to sign Bale and Ronaldo back, is also a little tongue in cheek as well but that makes better headlines than "we ain't got a clue who United are after"



User avatar
The United Stand
Partner
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:30 pm

Re: Why I hate Real Madrid

Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:17 pm

United fans will never boo De Gea. Even when he comes back in a Real Madrid shirt. We'll leave that to the Real Madrid fans..


ImageThe United Stand | Click Here http://goo.gl/GdrxE9 & Join in today! Image

User avatar
marcus leong
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5988
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:31 am

Re: Why I hate Real Madrid

Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:17 pm

You hate when the club tries to make money but want the club to spend money. Sometimes I'm confused


Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

User avatar
The United Stand
Partner
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:30 pm

Re: Why I hate Real Madrid

Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:19 pm

RoddyN wrote:
MarkG wrote:Hate is obviously used a little tongue in cheek, it just makes a better headline than "Why I'm not too keen on Real Madrid" LOL
Reported to sign Bale and Ronaldo back, is also a little tongue in cheek as well but that makes better headlines than "we ain't got a clue who United are after"
Schneiderlin looks like it will be the first deal. Gundogan probably soon after. I really think there's a big deal to be done this summer as well. Ronaldo, Bale or Pogba would be my preference. Although Muller would be just as impactive.


ImageThe United Stand | Click Here http://goo.gl/GdrxE9 & Join in today! Image

User avatar
RoddyN
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 6:31 pm

Re: Why I hate Real Madrid

Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:26 pm

MarkG wrote:
RoddyN wrote:
MarkG wrote:Hate is obviously used a little tongue in cheek, it just makes a better headline than "Why I'm not too keen on Real Madrid" LOL
Reported to sign Bale and Ronaldo back, is also a little tongue in cheek as well but that makes better headlines than "we ain't got a clue who United are after"
Schneiderlin looks like it will be the first deal. Gundogan probably soon after. I really think there's a big deal to be done this summer as well. Ronaldo, Bale or Pogba would be my preference. Although Muller would be just as impactive.
There has to be several big deals and i believe LVG is the man to force them
I am sure LVG would love Ronaldo,Bale,Pogba or Muller
That said he doesn't do the negotiating or buying
That's you know who,the Scouser
I would happily apologise if we got any two of those 4 but i just can't see us pushing the boat out that much



User avatar
RoddyN
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 6:31 pm

Re: Why I hate Real Madrid

Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:31 pm

marcus leong wrote:You hate when the club tries to make money but want the club to spend money. Sometimes I'm confused
Well i will try and make it simpler

I have no objection to the club making money although i do get a bit upset when i see how much they stick it up the fans from Scandinavia and the Far East by telling them it's a Thomas Cook package or a Red Cafe VIP package at daft money or no ticket

When they have made that money off our 600million plus fans i wish they would spend more on daft things like top quality players first as opposed to interest payments to banks and fees to the Caymans Islands
What's the point in claiming to be the richest club in the world if all you have is a 26 man squad including kids

Is that simple enough



User avatar
Glorio
International Player
International Player
Posts: 2461
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 am

Re: Why I hate Real Madrid

Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:46 pm

RoddyN wrote:So you boo him all you want but what does that make you?
Who said anything about United fans booing? :shock:


There is only one GOLDEN BOY

User avatar
Ydrah.Tom
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1147
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:58 pm

Re: Why I hate Real Madrid

Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:54 pm

RoddyN, you still haven't proved that Ed Woodward is a Liverpool fan. Until you back this up I'm going to keep pointing it out. Every single time you call him Ed Woodward.

That is all.



User avatar
cobraclutch
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:44 pm

Re: Why I hate Real Madrid

Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:20 pm

I knew that Madrid offered us to sign Ferenc Puskas right after the Munich accident.

They've signed a great player in Ronaldo from us just like we've gotten many great players from other teams. What exactly is the problem?



User avatar
RoddyN
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 6:31 pm

Re: Why I hate Real Madrid

Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:12 pm

Ydrah.Tom wrote:RoddyN, you still haven't proved that Ed Woodward is a Liverpool fan. Until you back this up I'm going to keep pointing it out. Every single time you call him Ed Woodward.

That is all.
i don't have to prove it you.You believe what you wish to

Maybe ask some of your m8's on other fans forums
They might know
i don't really care
You feel free to keep pointing it out

That's all



User avatar
RoddyN
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 6:31 pm

Re: Why I hate Real Madrid

Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:14 pm

Glorio wrote:
RoddyN wrote:So you boo him all you want but what does that make you?
Who said anything about United fans booing? :shock:
Sandies said it

take a look back up the thread to "DDG has gone to boos jeers and that fat Spanish waiter"
I haven't heard boos at the game but he sounds like he claims he has



User avatar
Ydrah.Tom
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1147
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:58 pm

Re: Why I hate Real Madrid

Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:16 pm

RoddyN wrote:
Ydrah.Tom wrote:RoddyN, you still haven't proved that Ed Woodward is a Liverpool fan. Until you back this up I'm going to keep pointing it out. Every single time you call him Ed Woodward.

That is all.
i don't have to prove it you.You believe what you wish to

Maybe ask some of your m8's on other fans forums
They might know
i don't really care
You feel free to keep pointing it out

That's all
You deeply care though, why else would you be PMing me all the time?



Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users