Next Match: Image
Southampton in the Premier League.
Momday 13th July 2020, KO 20:00 UTC.
Reverend
Reserve
Reserve

Re: Pre Match Discussion: Premier League vs West Brom (H)

Sat May 02, 2015 7:28 pm

we better off making the post match thread now...
I can't help not to get pissed

well, there are 2 good side we can learn of this performance (3 actually but I know number 3 will not be listened to) :
1. van Gaal learned that playing Herrera as DMF rendered him incapable of running into the penalty box.
Herrera certainly has the ability to hold the ball as well as the vision, but his long passes are not as good as his short ones.
if this is the Spanish national team, it would work. But here? nope.

2. Mcnair proved he can play DMF.
WBA had not have their best performance offensively, but Mcnair looked solid in his transition.
His runs into the enemy half were superb, his passes in this match were even better than Herrera
Unfortunately his only 2 mistakes (that silly foul and that horrible header miss) today cost us a defeat.
I think LvG was too hasty when he subbed him off for Falcao, but then again we were not in danger at all today.

(3. Old-style crossing does not work again.
please, no more of that swing everything high to the center of the penalty box. It's outdated.)

btw, congrats to Fletcher, he has a solid game today

MOTM: Mata
he's everywhere
Last edited by Reverend on Sat May 02, 2015 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinball
International Player
International Player

Sat May 02, 2015 7:34 pm

3 defeats in a row in 14 years and tony pulls has never beaten us until today.

I thought only moyes were great in creating new records.

marcus leong
Supporter
Supporter

Sat May 02, 2015 7:42 pm

What the hell happened? Did the Chelsea lost destroyed the players confidence that much?

Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

robertbrian23
Supporter
Supporter

Sat May 02, 2015 7:45 pm

marcus leong wrote:What the hell happened? Did the Chelsea lost destroyed the players confidence that much?
it means we miss Carrick that much to play the formation we are best at. If we use other players we couldn't play that much. We have our chances but it didn't went in. And WBA has that one moment with the FK and a lucky goal tbh. Still we didn't deserve to win since we can't break WBA's defense.

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Sat May 02, 2015 7:46 pm

Im gonna start a thread when I have time about how we have serious problems facing teams that dont attack us. If a team comes at us like City & Liverpool did, our possesion and patient build up play causes havoc with a team who chase the ball, leave a couple of gaps and tire a little. Against teams who sit back, soak it up and hit us on the counter we struggle so much. We have no plan b. Plan a isnt all thay bad but it doesnt work all the time

100% Top Red

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Sat May 02, 2015 7:54 pm

pinball wrote:They might have gotten a lucky goal but we didnt look we are going to score at all
Dunno about lucky.
I saw free headers with no one near them when they had corners.
WB in contrast were always tight with classic defending.

We are increasingly painful, and boring, to watch.

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

Sat May 02, 2015 7:55 pm

I don't get it mates. How can we make it so hard for ourselves? What is a short summer tour good for if we end up in fourth and have to play preliminary round of matches? It was so fornicate important to get third but now I'm getting more and more pessimistic.

UNITED > ENGLAND

pinball
International Player
International Player

Sat May 02, 2015 7:57 pm

There's certainly no plan b except to pour every one forward. I really wonder what's rooney's role in this set up? He contributes nothing as midfielder and neither is he playing as striker. Herera is pegged playing as dfm too. Wouldnt a straight 442 work better if all else fails?

JUAN UNITED
International Player
International Player

Sat May 02, 2015 8:08 pm

The player who has disappointed me the most is WAYNE ROONEY!!!
I have to say as club captain & a senior player who has been their & done it all, he provides no inspiration or passion to the team! I've noticed his play & it looks sooo half hearted! You need to yell & surge your players on giving them that extra lift which can be the key difference in winning.
Today's game was horrible while others have or trying to flourish I just find Wayne Rooney has not stepped up his game!
Because we all know that on the day he does he can be better than anyone!

Always look on the bright side of life la la, la la la la la la!!!

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Sat May 02, 2015 8:29 pm

Young our best player by a mile.
He looked as though he was interested in winning the game at all times, and was at the heart of pretty well every half-decent move we made.

marcus leong
Supporter
Supporter

Sat May 02, 2015 8:33 pm

JUAN UNITED wrote:The player who has disappointed me the most is WAYNE ROONEY!!!
I have to say as club captain & a senior player who has been their & done it all, he provides no inspiration or passion to the team! I've noticed his play & it looks sooo half hearted! You need to yell & surge your players on giving them that extra lift which can be the key difference in winning.
Today's game was horrible while others have or trying to flourish I just find Wayne Rooney has not stepped up his game!
He was anonymous for the last few games

Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Colin Francis
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat May 02, 2015 11:02 pm

Reverend wrote:we better off making the post match thread now...
I can't help not to get pissed

well, there are 2 good side we can learn of this performance (3 actually but I know number 3 will not be listened to) :
1. van Gaal learned that playing Herrera as DMF rendered him incapable of running into the penalty box.
Herrera certainly has the ability to hold the ball as well as the vision, but his long passes are not as good as his short ones.
if this is the Spanish national team, it would work. But here? nope.

2. Mcnair proved he can play DMF.
WBA had not have their best performance offensively, but Mcnair looked solid in his transition.
His runs into the enemy half were superb, his passes in this match were even better than Herrera
Unfortunately his only 2 mistakes (that silly foul and that horrible header miss) today cost us a defeat.
I think LvG was too hasty when he subbed him off for Falcao, but then again we were not in danger at all today.

(3. Old-style crossing does not work again.
please, no more of that swing everything high to the center of the penalty box. It's outdated.)

btw, congrats to Fletcher, he has a solid game today

MOTM: Mata
he's everywhere
:laugh: You never fail to amaze me with your match analysis and your player analysis-even better(Y)

...and the Truth shall make you free.....

Colin Francis
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat May 02, 2015 11:10 pm

robertbrian23 wrote:
marcus leong wrote:What the hell happened? Did the Chelsea lost destroyed the players confidence that much?
it means we miss Carrick that much to play the formation we are best at. If we use other players we couldn't play that much. We have our chances but it didn't went in. And WBA has that one moment with the FK and a lucky goal tbh. Still we didn't deserve to win since we can't break WBA's defense.
Would Carrick have helped us secure more possession so we could possess the ball more so that they couldn't get the ball because we wanted more ball possession becasue in the absence of a goal, they award you the points based on ball posession? Good one!

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs West Brom (

Sat May 02, 2015 11:24 pm

No, but having him in the deeper role would have meant Herrera further forward in a more creative role

100% Top Red

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Sat May 02, 2015 11:56 pm

MOTD blamed LVG playing too many people out of their natural positions.
I think they have a point.

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Sun May 03, 2015 12:01 am

Horrible. Just Horrible.

LVG plays low risk football. Maintain control at all times even if it costs us from creating chances.

First half- we see RVP getting into good positions with a few chances- he made some great runs which were missed or ignored from our midfield players.

2nd half- push are best striker into the midfield and get fozzy woozy bap up front- wtf was that? If Fellaini can't play midfield then pull his ass- RVP can play the hold up roll.

A fantastic performance from our captain........Not, we needed someone to take the game by the scruff of the neck and you look to your captain and best player- no where to be seen.

Di Maria- sweet mercy, his crossing wasn't even conference standard and made me wonder if it was deliberate- shocking performance.

Is LVG obsessed with Fellaini- yes he has done well enough this season but these past few games he has been found out.

Insanity- doing the same thing over and over and expecting the a different outcome.

We have made a royal mess of things down the stretch and have given the dippers a look in- it's still in our hands but going to Palace isnt an attractive place to go next week. We really need to knuckle down and grind out these next three weeks.

We are simply not good enough-LVG needs to choose a system and buy the players needed to make us compete in both the league and hopefully ECL.

Just woeful.

Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

DoctorHver
Reserve
Reserve

Sun May 03, 2015 2:33 am

We are probably going down the same path as the post-Busby era, were United didn't start to properly rebuild until every single player form the Busby era had left the dressing room.

pinball
International Player
International Player

Sun May 03, 2015 2:42 am

DaveMart wrote:Young our best player by a mile.
He looked as though he was interested in winning the game at all times, and was at the heart of pretty well every half-decent move we made.
he looks the most passionate to do something and the most hurt- some of the rest didnt look that bothered.

DoctorHver
Reserve
Reserve

Sun May 03, 2015 3:27 am

Where has our fire gone: He sits in the terraces while our current manager makes mess of all the good work he did in the previous 3 decades.

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player

Sun May 03, 2015 5:23 am

JUAN UNITED wrote:The player who has disappointed me the most is WAYNE ROONEY!!!
stop blaming him. how does it feel when you you're on a good scoring form, and you have to drop to midfield where he's not as effective.. He wasn't that bad, he wasn't that good either.

We are just lucky Jose are playing Liverpool next week, we may still nick 4th, but my word.. we have got a reality check in the last 3 games. It's so PREDICTABLE and EASY to defend vs us. Pardew will make it difficult next week with Palace. Not looking forward for that now

Paddy Mcnair - young defender and did OKAY, just a lack of inexperience cost the freekick for the goal. Badly need a CB and CM.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

Raymond
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun May 03, 2015 6:07 am

Horrible from LVG again, RVP and Rooney in the middle and Fellaini striker... just unexplainable.
And RVP was by far our best player, no debate.

"He puts his head where others are scared to put their feet" - Robin Van Persie on Nemanja Vidić

Colin Francis
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun May 03, 2015 6:15 am

Short Back and Sides wrote:No, but having him in the deeper role would have meant Herrera further forward in a more creative role
And how did he in the advanced role help us in the previous two games? Its precisely his failure to convert our posession into attack thats been killing us recently. Backward passing and not turning and facing the opposition goal! He is not the creative player in this formation, Mata is, but hey Mata is the best midfielder on the planet so lets not mention him at all!

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

Sun May 03, 2015 6:27 am

This is fornicate depressing.

To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

JUAN UNITED
International Player
International Player

Sun May 03, 2015 8:40 am

HuSsAiN wrote:
stop blaming him. how does it feel when you you're on a good scoring form, and you have to drop to midfield where he's not as effective.. He wasn't that bad, he wasn't that good either.

We are just lucky Jose are playing Liverpool next week, we may still nick 4th, but my word.. we have got a reality check in the last 3 games. It's so PREDICTABLE and EASY to defend vs us. Pardew will make it difficult next week with Palace. Not looking forward for that now

Paddy Mcnair - young defender and did OKAY, just a lack of inexperience cost the freekick for the goal. Badly need a CB and CM.
I'm not blaming him!!! I pointing out that he has not been on top of his game for a while now where as other squad players have started to flourish or are trying to!!!
No point Wayne passing high flying balls from left to right or whatever he does! Herrera Mata Young Carrick even Fellaini have played better than Rooney towards the 2nd half of the season when it counts!!!
Basically Rooney HAS THE ABILITY to step up his game but I just find he's in Wayne's world at the moment!

Always look on the bright side of life la la, la la la la la la!!!

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Sun May 03, 2015 9:19 am

I'm blaming him along with everyone else, he is the captain of our club- he should be leading by example, taking the game by the scruff and dragging players over the line..... Instead he looked lazy, slow and disinterested.

Putting RVP in the midfield and pushing Fellaini up top was criminal.

I really fear a top 4 finish now

Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”