Next Match: Image
Brighton in the Premier League.
Saturday 26th September 2020, KO 12:30 UTC.
DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Patrick 'Paddy' McNair

Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:01 pm

Glorio wrote:I'm not sure a striker and the defender marking him can both appear to have a good game or be at their best. The very definition of a defender having a good game implies that he nullified the threat of the individual he was marking, hence, he (the striker) would appear to be having a poor game.
Lukaku only once tried to spin off him, partly because he did not get the ball too often, and partly because he just did not seem to be in the mood.

I don't see that it is mutually exclusive to say that you have seen a striker play better and pose more threat, but that the defender coped well with what he did do.

You can only play what is in front of you, and McNair did that very well.
The Everton team as whole thought and not just Lukaku were pants in the first half at least.

Merlin
Reserve
Reserve

Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:45 pm

I'm not sure, but as I remember both Scmeichel and Van der Saar made some saves even though they had a decent defence in front of them.

Maverick McKillshark
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:38 pm

DaveMart wrote:Lukaku only once tried to spin off him, partly because he did not get the ball too often, and partly because he just did not seem to be in the mood.

I don't see that it is mutually exclusive to say that you have seen a striker play better and pose more threat, but that the defender coped well with what he did do.

You can only play what is in front of you, and McNair did that very well.
The Everton team as whole thought and not just Lukaku were pants in the first half at least.
I thought Lukaku played well in the build-up, he saw his fair share of the ball, he was just denied chances at goal. You have to credit the defence for that imo.

HP Sauce salesman of the month January, May, June 2015

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:23 pm

Called up by Northern Ireland

100% Top Red

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:52 pm

Wee Paddy McNair has been called up to the Norn Iron squad for the game against Romania - not sure if he'll get playing but good too see two united boys at the heart of our defence - the future

Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”