Next Match: Image
Southampton in the Premier League.
Sunday 29th November 2020, KO 14:00 UTC.
Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs Istanbul Basaksehir (h)

Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:43 am

Image vs. Image

Home to Istanbul Basaksehir in the Champions League.
Tuesday 24th November 2020, KO 20:00 UTC.

Goku
First Team Player
First Team Player

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs Istanbul Basaksehir (h)

Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:23 am

Preview:

Last game in the UCL against this opponent we basically screwed up took them for granted and we lost. It was a big surprise to me but our record in Turkey is not that great.

But since we recorded our first win at Old Trafford hopefully that psychological barrier is broken. Well we won two games in a row one where we came back against Everton and the other at how where we should have done better.

Ole is the one who picks the team so it seems to me his is picking the team not to lose but that’s a dangerous gambit if you go a goal down.

Against Everton we only started to play once we were a goal down. I hope he goes for it in this game and if he does that then we should win easily.

So I don’t know if Pogba will be back or what’s the deal there but from what news is coming out they were saving him for the UCL due to an ankle injury.

Mata is a great player and he gives his all. So I suspect Van Der Beek to start. There are quality players in this league and even the teams who set records in the past 3 season with points tally have dropped more points than you would expect.

I would go for the diamond and play Cavani, the problem is we don’t have a fast CB but I hope we go for it.

If we win this we have one foot in the second round of the UCL. So let’s just go for it and defend form the front and work our socks off.

The team I select is not necessarily the team Ole will pick but hopefully consider.

The diamond works if you have a good defensive midfielder at the tip and players press from the top.

Player to watch: Cavani his experience at the high level and being a true 9’could be the key.

Team

DDG
AWB. Axel. Harrry. Telles

Matic
Donny. Pogba
Bruno
Cavani. Rashford

Subs: Henderson, Martial, Mata, Mctommy, Fred, Linderlof, Greenwood.

This is a good system but the players will need to switch and overload the flanks.

Result: Home Win 2-0

Man Utd to stay top of the group

Ole's young boys are gonna smash them all!!

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:40 am

So you are a bit nervous are you Goku?
I have never known you predict anything less than 4 0 and you always have us about to go on a 10 match unbeaten run
This si very disturbing for me

I note you are not sure what is happening with Pogba
It is clear we neither want him nor need him
You have to ignore that he had 2 very good games for France last week in the wins over Portugal and Sweden
You also do hae to take into account the magnificent performances of Fred and Mata in the fabulous win against the mighty West Brom
You are making the same mistake many United fans regularly make including the cool chilled bro who recently joined this forum and now appears to have left to go to a cooler forum that does not have ABU's
That mistake is that if your face no longer fits you are an enemy
Look at how Jose and LVG were slaughtered as shit managers
Look at Jose now
He is still not getting a lot of backing from the Spurs chairman but if you get a half decent team and you get the best out of them you get good results
Jose was given a shit team plus no backing so he did his best with what he had and got the best results.The football was not good to watch bt that is the best that could be hoped for
Now some tossers want to get rid of Pogba and welcome Cavani for a season and think all is well
This is a mid table team going backwards and broke

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player

Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:18 pm

Ray, I don't even think you watched the France games..

I watched the game vs Finland, when they lost 0-2, pogba started and got benched.. he was atrocious..
vs portugal and sweden, I didn't watch the game, but my french freinds said he was pretty average..

He shouldn't be in the squad.. i'd rather VDB than him, and yes I would rather play Fred,Mctominay and Matic ahead of pogba in the DM role..

Attacking role, I would rather Mata,VDB & Bruno ahead of him..

Sell him ASAP

anyways, regarding this game, we need 3 points, and even if it's another boring 1-0, I don't care because god knows what type of team will turn up

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:39 pm

I agree with you Hussain

Sell World Cup players in their prime

Either keep the money for the owners personal use or invest it In Scweinstieger or Zlatan or Falcao or Ighalo
Keep hold of James and Jesse and Jones
Talk some bullshit about Sancho or Harland or Kane or Grealish(all the mugs believe the United press department)

Just get any positive result next week as we may get good enough to win the Champions league!!
If you believe we have any chance of doing that you believe in Santa and flying reindeers :laugh: :party:

Great plan that
The future looks really good

Let’s get behind the best manager in the world and support the lads

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player

Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:16 pm

Istanbul donor kebab will be a tough team,
nothing is easy for us

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:45 pm

HuSsAiN wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:16 pm
Istanbul donor kebab will be a tough team,
nothing is easy for us
And it won't get any better

This is a team and a club in slow and steady decline
It has been for over 10 years now
No ambition,no plan,no youth policy,no backbone,no cash for players
And some idiots still talk as though it is just the Glazers greed and that it must get better eventually
Well they are not going anywhere and there is and will always be no ambition,no plan,no youth policy,no backbone and no cash to strenthen the squad
Get used to it and stop moaning how difficult every game has become.
Just get behind the lads
they are doing the best they can.It is not the good players faults they are playing with average players is it

Goku
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:20 am

Look at this stage after that shock loss against this Turkish team. I’ll take any win here for if we lose this group will be thrown wide open and we can’t have that.

We have to come out swinging and put them down fast. Fred has been our best player so far and no doubt. So yeah I believe we’ll win and hope the other two draw.

Well as for the league I think we better than mid table we have the players to beat any team but I don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes between Ole and Pogba.

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:43 pm

Sorry Goku
i am a bit confused
You are clearly shitting yourself in case we don't beat this lot("i'll take any win")
I thought we were playing a team that is just 30 years old,plays in front of about 17,000 fans and has only won one thing in their history in a pandemic ruled season which is why they are in the Champs League
I didn't realise we were playing Bayern Munich coz uz iz acting like we iz
This is the Turkish equivalent of say Cardiff or Bournemouth

Goku
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:00 pm

Ok I’m going for 5-0

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:44 pm

Goku wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:00 pm
Ok I’m going for 5-0
Whoops !,,

Goku
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:23 am

Well I mean we battered them made them look average and then won

Goku
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:31 am

Then in the second half we scored 1 goal but foot off the pedal then they came back into the game we can build a team around Donny and Bruno.

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:21 am

Goku wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:23 am
Well I mean we battered them made them look average and then won
Let's call this performance out for exactly what it was and i am also taking into account the comments of match commentator Robbie Savage and match summariser Paul Scholes

We did batter them and we did make them look average and the reason is that they ARE average
To not beat a team of this quality would have been an embarrassment as indeed it was in the first game when you saw shit Sunday league quality defending by our defence
I don't agree we took our foot off he pedal in the second half either.Ole made some changes,correctly at the hour plus mark to save legs but what he put on in the likes of James didn't perform again and we were pushed back

As a midfield attacking force we had two magnificent players in Donny and Bruno but Robbie Savage called it correctly when he constantly was critical of Fred
He called Fred for always taking the same option pass and he said several times that,in his opinion,Fred did not have the ability that Pogba has to play a long range pass to set something up
Fred regularly gave the ball away as well.He is neither a quality play maker nor a defensive midfielder
As Robbie Savage said you eitehr need a top quality attacking midfield of 3 quality players ie Donny,Bruno and Poga and score lots of goals(the way i prefer) or play two attacking midfielders(like Scholes and Giggs) and a a strong holding defensive midfielder(like Keane)
Ole has fallen between two stools
Talking of Scholes let's pick up his summary
He said,correctly that this was a good win but against a poor team who still made almost as many good chances as we did and our defence made a lot of mistakes(yet again)
He said to remember this was an average team made up of players to include Ba,Rafael and Skret which,if you were being kind,could be described as having their best days behind them
To sum up
A good and important win but let's put our todgers away

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”