Next Match: Image
Chelsea in the Premier League.
Saturday 24th October 2020, KO 17:30 UTC.
raycreative
International Player
International Player

Pogba

Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:25 am

Strong hints from Pogba that he wants to leave again
I am sure that will not upset many with the way he has been playing but obviously the problem is much more complicated than he "should be allowed to go" and/or "he is a greedy bastard"
How much of his desire to leave coincides with his possible disillune of this club,its owners,its manager and its current squad
Either way he should now be allowed his wish imo
But what will happen with the transfer money?
i suspect it will go the same way as the Ronaldo money ie a holiday home in the Caymans fo Glazer dividendst

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player

Re: Pogba

Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:16 pm

good riddance..

hope he goes January and we can never see him gain..play him in the reserves

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:31 pm

HuSsAiN wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:16 pm
good riddance..

hope he goes January and we can never see him gain..play him in the reserves
Hussain it's a two part thing
Let him leave by all means but try to consider he has been let down by the club as much as he has let the club down
And who/what/if anybody will replace him
Or will you be happy for United to sell him for say £70m and pocket the money now they have a shirt seller in Cavani,Fernandes and Donny
And as a further aside after a flying start Fernandes has gone relatively quiet hasn't he?
How long before it becomes a case of "let the greedy bastard go"

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:11 pm

ray, forget the money side..
are we better team with pogba in the team? No.

get rid of him..
yes i care where the money goes, but seriously he doesn't improve the team and he has the worst attitutde ever. I'm tired of the excuses.. it's his 5th season at the club..

I remember the excuses first year.. he needs to play with herrera..
another year.. he needs matic..
another year.. matic is too slow, pogba needs to play further forward

We all keep making excuses, but if you look at the stats.. it's not good reading.. I understand he is not a DM, but I don't get why our managers play him there.. He has the ability to be world-class, however his performances have been very very poor..

HuSsAiN

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:45 pm

That birth canal can fornicate right off. And I don't want to hear shit about him not being supported, bla bla bla. He's not for one minute since being here shown any sort of commitment or desire to improve or improve those around him. If he was half the player he thinks he is he would be a driving force for this team, dragging the team with him as he inspired us to wins we didn't deserve, being the creative force behind dominant team displays, etc. the things you would expect from someone of his price and reputation in the game. Instead his shit attitude has dragged this team down, has infected the rest of the squad and probably contributed to the downfall of our last two managers.

Stick him in the reserves, I don't want to see him put the shirt on again.

"Make America Great Again!"

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:42 pm

HuSsAiN wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:11 pm
ray, forget the money side..
are we better team with pogba in the team? No.

get rid of him..
yes i care where the money goes, but seriously he doesn't improve the team and he has the worst attitutde ever. I'm tired of the excuses.. it's his 5th season at the club..

I remember the excuses first year.. he needs to play with herrera..
another year.. he needs matic..
another year.. matic is too slow, pogba needs to play further forward

We all keep making excuses, but if you look at the stats.. it's not good reading.. I understand he is not a DM, but I don't get why our managers play him there.. He has the ability to be world-class, however his performances have been very very poor..
Relly wrote: That birth canal can fornicate right off. And I don't want to hear shit about him not being supported, bla bla bla. He's not for one minute since being here shown any sort of commitment or desire to improve or improve those around him. If he was half the player he thinks he is he would be a driving force for this team, dragging the team with him as he inspired us to wins we didn't deserve, being the creative force behind dominant team displays, etc. the things you would expect from someone of his price and reputation in the game. Instead his shit attitude has dragged this team down, has infected the rest of the squad and probably contributed to the downfall of our last two managers.

Stick him in the reserves, I don't want to see him put the shirt on again.
What a load of shit being talked here

How can you drag Lindelof,Periera,James,McCleverley et al forward
He doesn't have Rio and Vidic or Bruce and Palli behind him to win the ball and give it him
When he looks up he has got James and AN other with no plan but speed to get the ball and no ability to do anything with it
When he looks for help to his side he has Fred and McCleverley who either give it away or give it him back
Does anybody ever wonder why Ronaldo wanted away.To win things with a top team.And what has he done?Won things with a top team
Does anybody wonder why no top player under the age of 35 will join this team?Because they are a shit squad with no ambition and that player,if he daft enough to sign like Di Maria(who didn't stay) or Gerard Pique who has won 5 European cups whilst we had Jones and Smalling you start to realise how desperate it is and how desperate it has been and for such a long time
Why????
Because we haven't invested in the squad in a controlled planned way.
We have had chances with both LVG and Jose but didn't back him.Why???Because of money,which i can't mention can i
Every penny we spend is a commercially though out penny with a commercial angle and not a playing angle and whilst fans are argueing about Pogba and Ole they are not argueing about the real issue which is money.Which we can't mention!!!!
It is a Trump tactic of look the other way.Nothing to see here
Just think back when either a Glazer or Ed Woodward spoke about anything to the fans and what our plans are
The only one that speaks is Ole and he has only got as long in the job until the Norwegian fans stop coming.Nothing to do with him being a (good) or a shit manager
He pays for himself,as does Cavani and Bruno

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player

Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:56 pm

Ray, don't get me wrong, I agree with most of the stuff you post here, but I do not agree with your stance on Pogba..

You said he has a weak defence behind him, yes i agree.. but when the ball is with Pogba, he gives the ball away.. he makes wrong decisions..and you can't say ' Oh he has James' .. The poor welsh lad hasn't started PL since last season.. It's mainly been Rashford, Martial and greenwood..

You just answered your own question.. you said anybody wonder why no top player under age 35 will join this team? Damn right.. Pogba is NOT a top player.

HuSsAiN

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:31 am

Lightning quick reactions on here. I say let the season play out for a while. You cannot expect Pogba to do everything that many people have failed to do in their time here.
You also cannot make the weaker argument the stronger. To think of Pogba as the problem to the team is like blaming your shoes for a failed-brake accident. What does it mean? You could not convincingly say that until you fix the braking system.

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:09 am

It's possible that the club is a poorly run football club with no desire to improve any of it's footballing aspects or support world class players and Pogba is also a massive disappoint, giant let down and not been worth even a quarter of the outlay he has cost the club.

No coincidence this comes AFTER the window has shut and not at the beginning where the club could plan

No surprise is any of this, the quicker he goes and we're rid of the brand the better.

I just wish we were a better run club, and the money would actually be reinvested to the club properly. We already have VDB and fernandes, time to build this team properly

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:57 am

Sandies wrote:
It's possible that the club is a poorly run football club with no desire to improve any of it's footballing aspects or support world class players and Pogba is also a massive disappoint, giant let down and not been worth even a quarter of the outlay he has cost the club.

No coincidence this comes AFTER the window has shut and not at the beginning where the club could plan

No surprise is any of this, the quicker he goes and we're rid of the brand the better.

I just wish we were a better run club, and the money would actually be reinvested to the club properly. We already have VDB and fernandes, time to build this team properly
Two points to make Sandies
The timing is not after the window has shut.Pogba has been asking for away for 18 months but pre Cavani(who came an hour before the window closed) Ed Woodward,who the real problem is,had no shirt seller of guarantee
VDB is already a mystery in as much as Ole is playing Fred and MacCleverley ahead of him and you can’t have failed to notice that Fernandes is not doing too much this season,or at the least he has not been as influential as last season
I think many are disillusioned.I am hearing the atmosphere at Carrington is not happy due to the lack of help the squad has received
They pissed Smalling around until the last minute
They are still pissing Romero around
They will neither pay Phil Jones off nor will the club,and Ole even speak to him
Jesse has been left in limbo,even though he should be gone
There are so many players who should be gone already and so many more who should have joined and no youth policy and no kids challenging to come through
I actually believe it is a lot worse than people realise

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:37 pm

Sandies wrote:

You seem to have solved the first statement with the last. You are right, it could be both but in diagnosing a problem that you really want to fix, you reduce "possible" to "probable".
You can put some brand new top-tier wheels on a chariot, while it may guarantee the wheels don't come off, it will still only be able to go at the speed of the horses in front.

That second line is a head-scratcher. A poorly-run club's plan will still look like a poor plan. I thought this has been clear from experience lately.
Pogba may be a problem, but he's not THE problem.

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player

Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:46 pm

I watched the france game tonight, and again he was quite poor.. I'm surprised they pick him to be honest

pogba is not in my top 10 midfielders to have played for united, in fact veron was better in united kit.. atm pogba is in the djemba/daron gibson rank..

I hope he makes me eat my words and delivers good performances.

HuSsAiN

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:53 pm

Veron was the only Argentinian to have played in top class English football that didn’t know how to kick an opponent
His father,who played for Estudiantes when they beat United to win the world club championship in 1968 had half his sons skills but was twice as effective
Funny old game

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:49 pm

Sandies wrote:

Absolutely, two things can be true at once.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:53 pm

HuSsAiN wrote:
I watched the france game tonight, and again he was quite poor.. I'm surprised they pick him to be honest

pogba is not in my top 10 midfielders to have played for united, in fact veron was better in united kit.. atm pogba is in the djemba/daron gibson rank..

Not even close. He's not even in the top 100. What has he done? He's a reputation, nothing more. How long has he been back now? Fifth season, and you could probably count on one hand the amount of truly good performances.

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:56 pm

Relly wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:53 pm
HuSsAiN wrote:

Not even close. He's not even in the top 100. What has he done? He's a reputation, nothing more. How long has he been back now? Fifth season, and you could probably count on one hand the amount of truly good performances.
Agree that is correct for his appearances in a United shirt but please don't try to make Pogba out to be a shit player
He is a disillusioned player yes but look who he is playing with
He might well have had limited good games in your memory for United but let's get this right
He is a World Cup winner and you don't get into a France team and you don't win the world cup by being a shit player
He won 4 consecutive Italian league titles and 2 consecutive Italian titles
He was voted in the best English league team by his fellow professionals whilst at United
I would rather put my faith in the judgement of professional footballers as opposed to the opinion of an armchair watcher with no professional nous to draw on
You have seen players like Di maria fornicate off for being a greedy bastard and he was noted as one of the best players in the world and is again
You are watching DDG being fornicate off for being a greedy bastard and he was our saviour and player of the year 4 years running
Lie to a top player and play him with shit like Fred,Perreira,Jesse,Lindelof,MacCleverley,Ighalo and he gets disillusioned
You know what this reminds me of!!
George Best
When that 68 team was broken up and not replaced he went off the rails.He stopped playing,stopped training and left for Fulham and testimonial games
So was George a drunk,a greedy bastard or disillusioned or a combination.Either way the unthinkable happened.United got relegated
It couldn't happen again.Not with Ighalo,James,Jesse,Perreira,Lidelof,Shaw,Fred.therte's a lot of shit and i haven't mentioned half of them

Pogba wants away
DDG wants away
No top player wants to join which is half of Ed's problem
The other half is that the Glazers want the Pogba and DDG transfer money
Stop blaming Pogba for being ambitious and wanting to join a top club

My final comment is just look at how good players become great players in an ambitious club with a top class manager
Look at Liverpool with Klopp,Look at City with Pep,Even look at Everton
Now look at the likes of United and Newcastle and describe the magager without using the words "lacking in European experience" or "cheap salary" or "toe the owners line"
Would Ole get the best out of you?

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:41 pm

Gilberto Silva and Kleberson were world cup winners, don't give me that shit.

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player

Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:47 am

Ray you admitted pogba performance for United has been poor.. It doesn't matter who you playing with, you can still do the basics right. A simple pass, a simple dribble.. he doesn't even do the basics right.. Gives the ball away often.

You can't bring the example of ' oh he plays with james, mctominay, ighalo etc'. I remember the likes of Ronaldo and Rooney playing with average players like Rafael, O'shea, Fletcher etc but they were still shining and carrying the team.. Those are star players!

comparison pogba to george best?

i give up..

HuSsAiN

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:26 am

HuSsAiN wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:47 am
Ray you admitted pogba performance for United has been poor.. It doesn't matter who you playing with, you can still do the basics right. A simple pass, a simple dribble.. he doesn't even do the basics right.. Gives the ball away often.

You can't bring the example of ' oh he plays with james, mctominay, ighalo etc'. I remember the likes of Ronaldo and Rooney playing with average players like Rafael, O'shea, Fletcher etc but they were still shining and carrying the team.. Those are star players!

comparison pogba to george best?

i give up..
I didn't say Pogba was anywhere near as good as George Best did i
The comparison i was making is that George was European player of the year when playing with Law,Charlton,Crerand,Morgan in the late 1960's.United were champions of everything
By 72/73 George,the same George was now playing not with Law and Crerand and Stiles etc but a Bobby Charlton in his last season(now playing midfield) an old Wyn Davies, and household names such as Tony Young and Mick Martin
George got disillusioned and downed tools.I believe Pogba is of the same mindset

Red56
New Signing
New Signing

Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:12 pm

The first part of that last line should actually read
George got drunk and downed tools

PS why isn't there a line through option or am I missing it?

Red56
New Signing
New Signing

Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:22 pm

If Pogba is disillusioned then he asks for a transfer or refuses a new contract but United pays the birth canal £290000.00 per week so disillusionment doesn't give him an excuse for playing like shit or for laughing and smiling when he causes the type of penalty you wouldn't even see in bloody Sunday league football

Players like Pogba are no fornicate different than the glazers
They take from the club and give little or nothing back

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:57 am

So they have found a way to inspire Pogbato play his heart out for the club
They have not bought any class to play with him and they have now triggered the extra one year option
That should work
What a greedy bastard he is

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:50 am

If Pogba put in more performance like that from the start of the game, We'd be a much better side

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player

Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:59 pm

Sandies wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:50 am
If Pogba put in more performance like that from the start of the game, We'd be a much better side
I agree, he looked much sharper and hungrier when he came on.

HuSsAiN

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:08 am

Well as I said we have class players. Yeah I heard we were mid table but we all know that’s not true and frustration speaking.

But now that fitness levels are coming back in this weird season this post lockdown we need the players and Pogba is World Class on his day.

Ole's young boys are gonna smash them all!!

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”