Next Match: Image
Sheffield United in the Premier League.
Sunday 24th November 2019, KO 16:30 UTC.
Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Why Herrera Left

Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:53 pm

Manchester United put business, not football, first - PSG's Ander Herrera

11:05 AM

Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Ander Herrera has indicated that he left Manchester United for the French champions this summer because of a lack of focus on football at Old Trafford.
The Spain international was picked up by PSG on a free transfer and has been featuring regularly for Thomas Tuchel's men at Parc des Princes after overcoming an early-season injury.
Speaking with So Foot, Herrera refused to explicitly accuse United of focusing on business over football, and emphasised his happiness with the Premier League side, but expressed his feeling that football did not come first in Manchester.
"I was very happy at that incredible club," the 30-year-old said. "I am very grateful to the supporters. Frankly, I was immensely happy there. However, at the club, there were times when I felt that football was not considered the most important thing.
"I will not say it. That does not come out of my mouth. I do not know but football was not the most important thing in Manchester. I do not want to compare. All I know is that, here, I feel like I am breathing football on all sides -- I like it."

Ander Herrera joined PSG on a free transfer this summer. BERTRAND GUAY/AFP/Getty Images
Asked about PSG's changes this season after the failure of last campaign, which included an embarrassing Champions League round-of-16 exit at the hands of Herrera's United side, the Basque welcomed the Ligue 1 giant's focus on football.
"I cannot talk about what was happening in previous seasons as I was not here," he said. "However, since I have been here, what I see is that I am in a club that thinks only and exclusively about football.
"I say it sincerely, as sometimes, seen from the outside, PSG can have a glamorous side that can irritate some. Here, though, we sweat, we train, and we work! When I arrive at the training centre, the physios, podiatrist and physical trainer are already at work -- football, football, football."
- ESPN Premier League fantasy: Sign up now!
- VAR in the Premier League: Ultimate guide
- When does the transfer window reopen?
- Premier League winter break: All you need to know
Herrera then pointed out the presence of PSG sporting director Leonardo around the club every day as a possible barb toward United executive vice president Ed Woodward.
"Leonardo is there every day!" Herrera said.
Herrera will miss Saturday's Ligue 1 clash away at Brest through injury but is expected to be fit for a return to action after the November international break.

"Make America Great Again!"

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Why Herrera Left

Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:54 pm

I think most of us know this is the case anymore, but when players are now leaving because of it, that doesn't bode well for the future.

"Make America Great Again!"

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:15 pm

Relly wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:54 pm
I think most of us know this is the case anymore, but when players are now leaving because of it, that doesn't bode well for the future.

Ben i am not sure of the point you are making and why now just because Herrera tells the press what is already common knowledge
As is often said to me by forum members "we know it but are fed up of being told it"
I have been saying this for the last 6 or 7 years and what???

Roy Keane,Gary Neville and Paul Scholes tell you every time they are in a TV studio but nothing has or will happen
For years you get the "wait util the next transfer window" rumours out of Ed Woodward's spin doctors and nothing happens except they buy an old has been to sell shirts like Schweinsteiger,Falcao or Zlatan the shirtseller.Would anybody truly be surprised if he came back in the next week or two to "help out"

This club has taken the piss out of LVG and Jose and still managed to get some fans to believe what they were being told by those managers about how they were being constantly let down by Ed Woodward
Even now some tossers believe the Glazers have seriously invested hundreds of millions of pounds in managers transfer requests

They let Rooney play past his sell by date because he attracted the Chinese.
They let Giggs and Carrick play way past their sell by date because they were cheap
Now you have Mata who has clearly gone but he is cheap also and an ambassador
Don't forget Valencia and Young(again two cheap players
They convince you the kids are great and McTominay is running the league.Is he shit
They are punting youth so "wait and see what happens in the next 4 seasons" whilst half a Fellaini,Chong and the circus midget Gomes take the world by storm
We now have a winger in James who is very fast.So far alledgedly that he can't get past anyone can he??
He is a good diver and now his goals have dried up he has become anonymous
The only top class players like Pogba,DDG and Rashford are strongly rumoured to want off
Can you please explain to me the difference between Pogba who wants off and Herrara who went and now tells you why
We still have Sanchez,Jones,Smalling,Lingaard,Bailly,Dalot.All shit but cheap

Ole is a broken man is he not
His eyes are glazed over.He looks permanently tired and he is greying before your eyes.They have screwed another of my heroes
But as long as 2000+ Norwegians have a Bobby Charlton every game he will stay even though he is clearly not up to the job

And behind it all is total silence from above
The ground still leaks,the football is still shit and the crowd have turned and many have stopped going/watching as per this forum
But you know what
The owners don't give a shit
So what's next??
Wait and see :laugh: :laugh: NOTHING

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:54 am

To be fair, Herrera also left because he asked for 300k per week.

The decisions that led to that however...

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”