Next Match: Image
Crystal Palace in the Premier League.
Saturday 24th August 2019, KO 15:00 BST.
Glorio
International Player
International Player

Re: Daniel James having medical

Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:21 pm

Relly wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:59 pm
Sandies wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:17 am
Daniel James is not an "unknown"
He played a full season in England that even here in Australia we had access to. He's a full international as well.
As for other teams in for him, Chelsea had the deal just about wrapped up until they got banned from signing players.

Rather pathetic and sad this is our take on a guy that's done nothing wrong other than live his dream. I'm glad to see us go out and try find good young British prospects rather than mercenary many birth canals who have no desire being at this club or showing any pride in playing for it other than collecting their pay cheques week in week out.

The problem is what else are we going to sign, but this boy looks very exciting, and I'd say we'd be in a fornicate good position if we had taken a similar risk with James Maddison last year. Can only imagine the cries in here if we had done that.

He worked harder in the one game against City, both on and off the ball, than Martial did all fornicate year.

We need to sign other players... badly. But that's not on James. And it's not on Ole either. Best of luck to the boy, I really hope he succeeds here
He played in the championship, saying he played in England is true, but very misleading.

We're chasing around 4 teams now, aside from the sugar daddy clubs, City and Chelsea, we now have to contend with Tottenham and Liverpool who are well put together teams of talented players with very talented managers. Do you honestly believe this kid who played one season in the second tier is going to close that gulf between us and those other clubs?
Tbf no one person (or even 2 or 3) would necessarily close that gulf - but I take your point. Thing to put in perspective is that he's appears to be a step in the direction of a well put together team - he's 21 as well, so not that green.

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:45 am

Relly wrote:
Sandies wrote:
He played a full season in England that even here in Australia we had access to. He's a full international as well.
As for other teams in for him, Chelsea had the deal just about wrapped up until they got banned from signing players.

Rather pathetic and sad this is our take on a guy that's done nothing wrong other than live his dream. I'm glad to see us go out and try find good young British prospects rather than mercenary many birth canals who have no desire being at this club or showing any pride in playing for it other than collecting their pay cheques week in week out.

The problem is what else are we going to sign, but this boy looks very exciting, and I'd say we'd be in a fornicate good position if we had taken a similar risk with James Maddison last year. Can only imagine the cries in here if we had done that.

He worked harder in the one game against City, both on and off the ball, than Martial did all fornicate year.

We need to sign other players... badly. But that's not on James. And it's not on Ole either. Best of luck to the boy, I really hope he succeeds here
He played in the championship, saying he played in England is true, but very misleading.

We're chasing around 4 teams now, aside from the sugar daddy clubs, City and Chelsea, we now have to contend with Tottenham and Liverpool who are well put together teams of talented players with very talented managers. Do you honestly believe this kid who played one season in the second tier is going to close that gulf between us and those other clubs?
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:08 am

Relly wrote:
Sandies wrote:

There's nothing misleading. He's not an unknown. He played a full season in a league we had full access to. Our scouts and coaches would've watched him.

And no, I don't think James will close that gulf. But I don't think any one signing will. If we don't sign another player, we wont close the gulf, and that wont be on James.

We need 3/4/5 signings to close that gulf.

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Dante
Referee
Referee

Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:53 pm

I don't think any one player is going to close the gulf, and it's daft to expect it. You need to look at it as one piece of the puzzle. He's not exactly been plucked from obscurity, he had 33 games the The Championship, it's not like he was some clogger running around the North West Counties League.

Anyway, an article from The Guardian about hi: https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... e-prospect

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:17 pm

The newspaper article more or less sums up what i said in my opening post on this thread.
He is a kid of promise,nothing more.
He has speed to burn but his quality of crossing needs to improve and his selection of pass needs to improve and his coolness in goal needs to improve.
That is 3 things he needs to step up on
He has speed to burn
That sums him up

Ronaldo has/had speed to burn and every other attribute including heading ability
That is what we had and sold, and this kid is another attempt to fill those boots
Bale was close(ish) to Ronaldo before his injuries caught up with him

Currently James is closer to Depay who both had the same attributes
James needs time but as we start moving towards the start of next season with the same shit it shows us how United fans will argue about a young lad because we have nothing else to discuss
Anybody else getting ready to get used to the idea of yet another "shit" transfer window?

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”