Next Match: Image
Crystal Palace in the Premier League.
Thursday 16th July 2020, KO 20:15 UTC.
raycreative
International Player
International Player

Let's keep talking-It helps

Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:48 am

In these troubled and worrying times i think we should try to stay in touch if possible

I will start this thread with rants about what is pissing you off

Here are 5 things that are pissing me off

1 Watching the price of petrol and gas and electricity stay as high as ever despite the price of a barrel of oil collapsing by over 66%.I know it takes time to filter through but nobody mention it
2 Watching bank rates on borrowing stay the same and/or increase despite the base rate being nil
3 Getting an email from my water provider telling me how much they are there for us but reminding me that my bill will be due by 1st April and to make sure i pay to avoid further action
4 Watching people take the piss in supermarkets overstocking at the expense of everybody else
5 Watching Londoners carrying on as though nothing is happening which will end up,imo,with the entire country being on curfew

Anybody else got any

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Re: Let's keep talking-It helps

Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:14 pm

raycreative wrote:
In these troubled and worrying times i think we should try to stay in touch if possible

1 Watching the price of petrol and gas and electricity stay as high as ever despite the price of a barrel of oil collapsing by over 66%.I know it takes time to filter through but nobody mention it
petrol in my local station was down to £1.05 a litre on Saturday, some supermarkets had dropped theirs to 99p
2 Watching bank rates on borrowing stay the same and/or increase despite the base rate being nil
Cutting the base rate makes mortgages and lending cheaper (theoretically), which gives people a bit more in their pockets to spend in the present economic climate
3 Getting an email from my water provider telling me how much they are there for us but reminding me that my bill will be due by 1st April and to make sure i pay to avoid further action
I've had to shut my business down, so today I've been in touch with all my suppliers, (including Soutern Water) and explained the situation ;
  • I'm not going to get evicted
    My car isn't going to be reposessed
    My water isn't going to be cut off
    My electricity isn't going to be cut off
    I have enough food to last me at least a week (normal shoppping)

4 Watching people take the piss in supermarkets overstocking at the expense of everybody else
5 Watching Londoners carrying on as though nothing is happening which will end up,imo,with the entire country being on curfew

Anybody else got any
Items 4 & 5 is the gene pool doing it's job

Free Advice

Spend a couple of hours on the phone be nice to people ( yes I know thats alien to you) and you never know.

We are all in this together.

You are being asked to sit on your couch and do fornicate all
I think you can manage that

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:08 pm

Good arguments Sigmar
i agree that petrol is now down from about £1.15 to £1.02.
Not quite a 66% drop but probably close enough for you

Cutting the base rate makes mortgages and lending cheaper.Iam glad you said theoretically as the only mortgages that are cheaper are trackers and there aren't many of those
I assure you there is no lending getting cheaper.
The credit card rates stay at anything from usually 20% to 40%.The overdraft facilities at banks are usually about 15%/25%
They will not go down and whilst you are (possibly) being allowed not to pay they will charge you interest on the interest when this stops
It would have been much more honourable to abandon interest for 3 months.After all it was public money that bailed the banks out when they were in the shit

Your gas,electric and water are not going to be cut off but your business bills will neither nor reduce go away even though you aren't using anything

But if you're happy i am happy for you
=) =) :laugh: :laugh:

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:27 pm

What the world needs now is kindness.

Try it, it's infectious.

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:40 pm

There are two possible causes of this current madness.

1. Either this virus is really dangerous & the establishment is shitting bricks & doesn't know what hit them,
or
2. This is a world-wide conspiracy against humanity & there's massive social re-engineering going on.

Either way, it is pretty bad news for the average folk.

For what it's worth: I think the virus is REAL (how dangerous it really is I don't know) but the reaction to it is UNreal.

Stay safe everyone. Take your vitamins, try to stay physically active and mentally sharp. Ready, write, find a hobby. If you are close to your family consider yourself lucky. Being close to your loved ones helps with mental health which in the current situation is as important as physical health.

Cheers

To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:15 pm

1. Airline companies, desperate for humans to keep them afloat, begging people to keep their holidays and reschedule for end of the year rather than cancel. However the minute the borders started closing, put a 300% increase on flights for people desperate to get home to their families

2. Completely agree re petrol. Criminal to raise prices right now

3. Supermarkets. Don't get me started. People are so desperate to show the world they're good people, until it impacts them, and then it really comes out how selfish they are and how much they only think about themselves.

4. People going out now because it wont impact them. Who cares that it's the old people at risk.

Stay safe everyone, and if you don't care about yourself, at least care how much it going to hurt others

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:20 pm

raycreative wrote:

Anybody else got any
I agree with the sentiment of your thread Ray, it's a great idea, but wouldn't it be better to find some positive stuff to focus on? I mean everything is negative right now, do we need another avenue to complain about all the negative stuff?

"Make America Great Again!"

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:05 pm

Sandies wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:15 pm
1. Airline companies, desperate for humans to keep them afloat, begging people to keep their holidays and reschedule for end of the year rather than cancel. However the minute the borders started closing, put a 300% increase on flights for people desperate to get home to their families

2. Completely agree re petrol. Criminal to raise prices right now

3. Supermarkets. Don't get me started. People are so desperate to show the world they're good people, until it impacts them, and then it really comes out how selfish they are and how much they only think about themselves.

4. People going out now because it wont impact them. Who cares that it's the old people at risk.

Stay safe everyone, and if you don't care about yourself, at least care how much it going to hurt others
The problem is it's not a total lockdown is it ?
I have had to close my non essetial shop, but other types of shops apart from Pharmacies and Food shps can stay open ( Home and Hardware)
If you can't work from home, you can still go to work,
You can still shop online, and some poor delivery driver has to still bring it to you.
You can still get takeaways delivered

So if you work in a factory producing door knobs, ou can still go to work, or a factory producing beds, or paint, the list is endless.

The only people going to work should be in healthcare, or essential services, like gas electricity and water, plus the emergency services.

I live 25yds fron a main road and you would think it's business as usual out there.

I hope it's the gene pool working and the survival of the intelligent.

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:43 am

Unfortunately Ben i have to have a negative to start
Its' my arsehole of the day competition.Who would you vote for?

1 Mike Ashley who initially tried to keep his shops open claiming that trampoline sales was an essential.Only when the government demanded that he closed did he agree to it.Even then he has kept his warehouses open and all his warehouse employees who are picking, are complaining as they are working closely together with no protection
He is showing not an ounce of remorse or care and the government is now asking him to confirm what he is doing with the pay of the shop workers.I await the answer

2 Mike Ashley again
Newcastle United took the money out of peoples bank accounts yesterday for NEXT seasons tickets
The Newcastle United supporters Trust had asked quietly up front for Newcastle United not to take the payments but after they just grabbed the money they have now gone public.
They received a comment from the club saying "the club stated it has no intention of freezing or delaying payments" The club says it contacted people earlier this month(presumably before the full lockdown) and offered them the chance to pay monthly.It can only be as Mike Ashley's request that this has happened

3 Wetherspoons multi millionaire boss Tim Martin
He laid off 43,000 staff
95 MP's were forced to write to him telling him was an arsehole who had "fallen short of supporting his workers in a time of crisis" and asking him to "do the right thing for his country"
As a result he has agreed to pay them 80% of their salary which actually costs him nothing as he is getting that back in full off the goverment
Even then he has suggested he won't pay his workers until he receives payment a month in arrears
AND he has now told his suppliers that he won't be paying them for outstanding invoices until after he reopens plus an unknown time period.
If you have somebody honest and decent by the balls it seems a shame not to squeeze them

4 And finally the Glazer family.Well why not
They were proud to announce YESTERDAY the unvleing of quarterback Tom Brady.
Do you call it bad timing or an opportunity to lift the gloom or an opportunity to sell shirts
I suspect it didn't get a lot of notice in New York

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:03 pm

raycreative wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:43 am
Unfortunately Ben i have to have a negative to start
Its' my arsehole of the day competition.Who would you vote for?

1 Mike Ashley who initially tried to keep his shops open claiming that trampoline sales was an essential.Only when the government demanded that he closed did he agree to it.Even then he has kept his warehouses open and all his warehouse employees who are picking, are complaining as they are working closely together with no protection
He is showing not an ounce of remorse or care and the government is now asking him to confirm what he is doing with the pay of the shop workers.I await the answer

2 Mike Ashley again
Newcastle United took the money out of peoples bank accounts yesterday for NEXT seasons tickets
The Newcastle United supporters Trust had asked quietly up front for Newcastle United not to take the payments but after they just grabbed the money they have now gone public.
They received a comment from the club saying "the club stated it has no intention of freezing or delaying payments" The club says it contacted people earlier this month(presumably before the full lockdown) and offered them the chance to pay monthly.It can only be as Mike Ashley's request that this has happened

3 Wetherspoons multi millionaire boss Tim Martin
He laid off 43,000 staff
95 MP's were forced to write to him telling him was an arsehole who had "fallen short of supporting his workers in a time of crisis" and asking him to "do the right thing for his country"
As a result he has agreed to pay them 80% of their salary which actually costs him nothing as he is getting that back in full off the goverment
Even then he has suggested he won't pay his workers until he receives payment a month in arrears
AND he has now told his suppliers that he won't be paying them for outstanding invoices until after he reopens plus an unknown time period.
If you have somebody honest and decent by the balls it seems a shame not to squeeze them

4 And finally the Glazer family.Well why not
They were proud to announce YESTERDAY the unvleing of quarterback Tom Brady.
Do you call it bad timing or an opportunity to lift the gloom or an opportunity to sell shirts
I suspect it didn't get a lot of notice in New York
You can add smiley teeth Mr Branson to that list who is kicking his employees in the teeth for a second time to protect his fortune.
When he started Virgin records he conned his employees into thinking they were all in it with him, working for the good of the company, when he sold it to EMI for a fortune to EMI gues how many of his fellow workers he shared the fortune with, yes thats right, none of them.

Now like Wetherspoons boss, he wants to keep his employees on, but wont pay them a retainer.

Return to “Members Lounge”