Next Match: Image
Liverpool in the Premier League.
Sunday 20th October 2019, KO 16:30 BST.
RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

RIP Gene Wilder

Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:47 pm

Truly a genius comedy actor. If a film had Gene Wilder in it you just knew it would be top notch and LOL funny (l)

The Producers.,Blazing Saddles, Stir Crazy, See No Evil Hear No Evil, Young Frankenstein, EYWTKAS, he was even a brilliant Willy Wonka!

Very un-PC in the main, but made me PMSL time after time.

If you havent seen any of these films, now is the perfect chance to do so. (Y)

RIP (f)

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

marcus leong
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RIP Gene Wilder

Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:09 am

RIP willy wonka. Who own the factory now?

Dare to Zlatan

Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:33 am

A true genius , always made me laugh.

RIP

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:31 am

marcus leong wrote:RIP willy wonka. Who own the factory now?

Dare to Zlatan
God I hope it's not Johnny Depp.

Statement from his family, which contains the best reason ever for someone hiding their illness:
It is with indescribably sadness and blues, but with spiritual gratitude for the life live that I announced the passing of husband, parents, and universal artist Gene Wilder, at his home in Stamford Connecticut. It is almost unbearable for us to contemplate our life without him.

The cause was complications from Alzheimer’s disease, with which he co-existed for the last three years. The choice to keep this private was his choice, in talking with us and making a decision as a family. We understand for all the emotional and physical challenges this situation presented we have been among the lucky ones -- this illness-pirate, unlike in so many cases, never stole his ability to recognize those that were closest to him, nor took command of his central-gentle-life affirming core personality. It took enough, but not that.

The decision to wait until this time to disclose his condition wasn’t vanity, but more so that the countless young children that would smile or call out to him ‘there’s Willy Wonka,’ would not have to be then exposed to an adult referencing illness or trouble and causing delight to travel to worry, disappointment or confusion. He simply couldn’t bear the idea of one less smile in the world.

He continued to enjoy art, music and kissing with his leading lady of the last twenty-five years, Karen. He danced down a church aisle at a wedding as parent of the groom and ring bearer, held countless afternoon movie western marathons and delighted in the company of beloved ones.

He is survived by Karen, Jordan and the Webbs (Kevin, Grethchen, Tucker, Spencer), along (with) Jordan’s wife Elizabeth. Gene’s sister Corrine predeceased him in January of this year.

He was eighty-three and passed holding our hands with the same tenderness and love he exhibited as long as I can remember. As our hands clutched and he performed one last breath the music speaker, which was set to random, began to bare out one of his favorites: Ella Fitzgerald. There is a picture of he and Ella meeting at a London bistro some years ago that are among each our cherished possessions. She was singing ‘Somewhere Over the Rainbow,’ as he was taken away.

Mushy peas
International Player
International Player

Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:25 pm

I watched Willy Wonka the other night, first time in years. Never realised how much went over my head the first when I was a kid. He was brilliant.

FCUM- A right bunch of dicks.

Mushy Peas>Little Pea

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:42 pm

Mushy peas wrote:I watched Willy Wonka the other night, first time in years. Never realised how much went over my head the first when I was a kid. He was brilliant.
Yes he was. Multi levels and lot of things going on was very common in many of Gene Wilder's movies. Watch Young Frankenstein again, just brilliant.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:30 pm

Mushy peas wrote:I watched Willy Wonka the other night, first time in years. Never realised how much went over my head the first when I was a kid. He was brilliant.
I thought the guy who was the teacher was great. But yeah there's a lot of depth to the willy wonka character he created.

100% Top Red

Mushy peas
International Player
International Player

Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:15 pm

Yeah the limping introduction cum* somersault was his idea. I like it.

This bit made me do an :o though:

Grandpa Joe: “Ah, Mr. Salt finally got what he wanted.”
Charlie: “What's that?”
Grandpa Joe: “Veruca went first.”

Really went way over my head and is quite dark.
On a side note, we used to have Willy Wonka on VHS and it had the film of Witches after it. My little brother was scared shitless of it. Hats off to Roald Dahl while we are at it. His autobiography for kids is decent too.

Yes I said cum.

Mushy Peas>Little Pea

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:38 am

Yeah the intro of the wonka character when he was limping had me genuinely disappointed when I first saw it until he did the roll thing. It was genuine genius and gave the character a great first impression.

Yeah the witches I had that. When the main witch transforms is a little creepy for a kid.

100% Top Red

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:04 pm

Mushy peas wrote:Yeah the limping introduction cum* somersault was his idea. I like it.

This bit made me do an :o though:

Grandpa Joe: “Ah, Mr. Salt finally got what he wanted.”
Charlie: “What's that?”
Grandpa Joe: “Veruca went first.”

Really went way over my head and is quite dark.
On a side note, we used to have Willy Wonka on VHS and it had the film of Witches after it. My little brother was scared shitless of it. Hats off to Roald Dahl while we are at it. His autobiography for kids is decent too.

Yes I said cum.
http://saynotograndpajoe.com/index.php

Mushy peas
International Player
International Player

Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:57 am

Ha that is great!

Mushy Peas>Little Pea

Return to “Members Lounge”