Next Match: Image
FC Astana in the Europa League.
Thursday 19th September 2019, KO 20:00 BST.
marcus leong
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Brexit

Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:25 am

Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:49 pm

It wont happen - at leastin terms of "let's forget all about what happened in June. I could imagine a scenario whereby some sort of negotiation now occurred which would allow some form of access to the single market and customs union (like Norway and Turkey have)_ without actually being EU members. They will be very intricate negotiations though - thank god we have a strong & stable government to lead us in them!!

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Otis
Reserve
Reserve

Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:26 pm

RedSte wrote:
It wont happen - at leastin terms of "let's forget all about what happened in June. I could imagine a scenario whereby some sort of negotiation now occurred which would allow some form of access to the single market and customs union (like Norway and Turkey have)_ without actually being EU members. They will be very intricate negotiations though - thank god we have a strong & stable government to lead us in them!!
Strong and stable ha ha.You're not Jonathan Pie are you.
Under a Norway type of agreement we might still be in the single market but not the Common agricultural Policy and we would also be subject to EU laws without having a vote and would also have to pay into the EU budget.

Nick Clegg has said that the only way forward is for a coalition between the Conservative and Labour party to work together on Brexit which might give us a bit more clout against an EU that seems intent on burying us.
He might have a good point.

If you walk with Jesus,He's gonna save your soul.You gotta keep the Devil way down in the hole.
Wayne Rooney....Manchester United Legend.
Come back Ray,the board needs you.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:49 pm

RedSte wrote:
It wont happen - at leastin terms of "let's forget all about what happened in June.
From the EU point of view, the UK turning round and saying "actually, you're right this is insane, we're going to stay now" would likely be waved through. The EU doesn't want members to leave.

marcus leong
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:55 pm

Otis wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:26 pm
RedSte wrote:
Strong and stable ha ha.You're not Jonathan Pie are you.
Under a Norway type of agreement we might still be in the single market but not the Common agricultural Policy and we would also be subject to EU laws without having a vote and would also have to pay into the EU budget.

Nick Clegg has said that the only way forward is for a coalition between the Conservative and Labour party to work together on Brexit which might give us a bit more clout against an EU that seems intent on burying us.
He might have a good point.
He is Theresa may's employee :p

Norway type of agreement sounds worst thatn what they have now.

Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Dante
Referee
Referee

Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:01 pm

It is. It's better than what May has been angling for though.

Throughout the campaign though, Norway was held up as an example of what we could do. Then when they won, all of a sudden this disappeared from view.

Personally, I'd not leave at all, but if we have to, rejoining the EFTA is probably best at least as a transitional stage, giving time to set up whatever arrangement we want with Europe. Those who think leaving the EU is a magic bullet will be sorely disappointed with whatever we end up with though.

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:36 pm

This shouldve been aired the night before the Brexit vote and we could have saved ourselves so much heartache and future financial pain!!

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:39 am

RedSte wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYonSZ8s3_o

This shouldve been aired the night before the Brexit vote and we could have saved ourselves so much heartache and future financial pain!!
I've seen that video before, and to be honest for eveyone of those out there claiming they are fact, there is one out there claiming other facts, so you choose to beleive what you want to believe.
I'm not a tabloid reader, i don't watch mainstream news like the BBC or ITV because I believe they have political agenda's.

All I do know is that prior to the mass imigration we have been subject to we didn't have to wait 2 weeks to see a doctor, hospital waiting lists were non-existant, we didn't have a wlefare budget that was out of control, you hardly ever saw a traffic jam, we ddn't have the millionsout of work and on stupid contracts we do today.
Yes I know that may be over simplifying things, however my biggest reason for voting leave was that I could see a federal Europe looming on the horizon, with more of our sovereign power being devolved to uneledted bureacrats in Brussels. Thousands of British, American, Canadian and other commonwealth troops died on the beaches of Normandy to stop that very thing happening, I just couldn't betray them.

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:58 am

RedSte wrote:

Come on Ste,
This cringey leftist & globalists propaganda video is embarrassing to watch.

To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:56 am

This last week has seen a right royal mess in the HOP, they voted on an amendment, they voted on an alternative, and then they voted on a "no deal" exit.
Then Mayhem stood up and said all that was a load of bollocks, we still have to leave on 29th March by law.

It beats me how after 2.5 yrs are down to the wire on this.

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Return to “Members Lounge”