Next Match: Image
Liverpool in the Premier League.
Sunday 16th December 2018, KO 16:00 UTC.
Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Terrorism

Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:43 pm

Relly wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:18 pm
This is a rather long video, but it's basically like two halves and you can choose to watch the first discussion, second or both, but if you want to have a serious discussion on the issue I think watching this video and getting a lot of the truth that you may not get elsewhere is important. They are very civil conversations, that even the interviewees acknowledge that, and they might make you think a bit about your position. Again it's not short, but it sums up the discussion very well and worth a listen if you want to have an educated debate on the subject.

He says there is no right to free speech in Australia, that is total bullshit, Australia is one of the few countries in the world that is not politically correct, you can still call a spade and spade.

So sorry stopped the video there, because the interviewer bsically knows bugger all about the thing he is interviewing people about

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:32 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:43 pm
Relly wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:18 pm
This is a rather long video, but it's basically like two halves and you can choose to watch the first discussion, second or both, but if you want to have a serious discussion on the issue I think watching this video and getting a lot of the truth that you may not get elsewhere is important. They are very civil conversations, that even the interviewees acknowledge that, and they might make you think a bit about your position. Again it's not short, but it sums up the discussion very well and worth a listen if you want to have an educated debate on the subject.

He says there is no right to free speech in Australia, that is total bullshit, Australia is one of the few countries in the world that is not politically correct, you can still call a spade and spade.

So sorry stopped the video there, because the interviewer bsically knows bugger all about the thing he is interviewing people about
Taken from wikipedia;
Australia does not have explicit freedom of speech in any constitutional or statutory declaration of rights, with the exception of political speech which is protected from criminal prosecution at common law per Australian Capital Television Pty Ltd v Commonwealth. There is however an implied freedom of speech that was recognised in Lange v Australian Broadcasting Corporation.[56]
Either way, that's not really the point of the discussion. And you couldn't be further from the truth, Steven knows more about the gun topic in the US than anyone else I have come across. You may not like to hear the truth, that doesn't make it any less the truth. But thanks for at least attempting it, although I would have preferred it you didn't give up so easy.

"Make America Great Again!"

Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player

Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:43 pm

Wikipedia is the greatest source of misinformation there is. Whether it is or istn't stated in it's constitution is not the point, Australia does not have a snowflake society like we and the US do.

I know I have relatives out there and they actually laugh at us and our "I'm offended" attitude.

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Fri May 11, 2018 11:00 pm

Sounds like Australia needs to ban guns...

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sun May 13, 2018 2:07 am

Relly wrote:
Yes, one family dying is the biggest mass shooting the country has seen in 22 years.
One family dying is the biggest tragedy and most newsworthy thing that has happened in the country in 2 decades

In America, this wouldn't have made the news

It takes a special breed to use this tragic incident to mock Australia and prove a point about gun laws.

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

t.d.
International Player
International Player

Sun May 13, 2018 10:11 am

Sandies wrote:
Relly wrote:
Yes, one family dying is the biggest mass shooting the country has seen in 22 years.
One family dying is the biggest tragedy and most newsworthy thing that has happened in the country in 2 decades

It takes a special breed to use this tragic incident to mock Australia and prove a point about gun laws.
He wasn't actually proving anything though.

Break up the Union.

“Physics is to maths what sex is to masturbation.”
― Richard P. Feynman.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun May 13, 2018 3:28 pm

t.d. wrote:
Sandies wrote:
Relly wrote:

That banning guns doesn't stop bad people from getting them or killing people.
Last edited by Relly on Sun May 13, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun May 13, 2018 3:30 pm

Sandies wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 2:07 am
Relly wrote:

Because you are never on here right after a shooting in America claiming they need to ban guns.

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Sun May 13, 2018 8:19 pm

Relly wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 3:28 pm
t.d. wrote:
Sandies wrote:

That banning guns doesn't stop bad people from getting them or killing people.
Of course banning guns dosent stop gun murders!?! [Does that even need saying?] What is does do is making it very very hard forsomeone wanting to commer mass murder to actually do so. They would have to go to great lengths taking over several days even weeks to plan it out. Whereas in America some nutjob can just be angry or unstable or whatever for half an hour, and he can just grab his (legitimatelyowned) weapon and gun down anyone in his path! This really isnt rocket science Ben!

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sun May 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Australia banned guns in I think 1996.

In 22 years, there has been one mass shooting (?)

How many mass shootings had there been in the previous 22 years?

If you are pro gun then "less guns doesn't mean less deaths" is the wrong argument to make. If you want to argue for guns then the argument is "I am willing to accept x amount of deaths per year to keep my right to bear arms".

Make football fabulous again!

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Sun May 13, 2018 10:25 pm

*ahem* "fewer" - sorry :P

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Tue May 15, 2018 8:51 pm

Sorry.

Bloody English people, learn how to speak English.

Make football fabulous again!

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:47 pm

Surprised Sandies isn't in here losing his shit over another mass shooting, this time in Strasbourg France. I guess since this one happened in a country that already has strict gun laws and was carried out by a muslim who was yelling Allah Akbar it doesn't really suit his agenda. Hopefully you have better luck with the next tragedy Brent.

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:46 pm

*sigh*

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:51 pm

RedSte wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:46 pm
*sigh*
I sighed too when I witnessed such a double standard.

Return to “Members Lounge”