Loading...
Next Match: Image
Cardiff City in the Premier League.
Saturday 22nd December 2018, KO 17:30 UTC.
User avatar
Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Terrorism

Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:43 pm

Relly wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:18 pm
This is a rather long video, but it's basically like two halves and you can choose to watch the first discussion, second or both, but if you want to have a serious discussion on the issue I think watching this video and getting a lot of the truth that you may not get elsewhere is important. They are very civil conversations, that even the interviewees acknowledge that, and they might make you think a bit about your position. Again it's not short, but it sums up the discussion very well and worth a listen if you want to have an educated debate on the subject.

He says there is no right to free speech in Australia, that is total bullshit, Australia is one of the few countries in the world that is not politically correct, you can still call a spade and spade.

So sorry stopped the video there, because the interviewer bsically knows bugger all about the thing he is interviewing people about


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6263
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Terrorism

Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:32 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:43 pm
Relly wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:18 pm
This is a rather long video, but it's basically like two halves and you can choose to watch the first discussion, second or both, but if you want to have a serious discussion on the issue I think watching this video and getting a lot of the truth that you may not get elsewhere is important. They are very civil conversations, that even the interviewees acknowledge that, and they might make you think a bit about your position. Again it's not short, but it sums up the discussion very well and worth a listen if you want to have an educated debate on the subject.

He says there is no right to free speech in Australia, that is total bullshit, Australia is one of the few countries in the world that is not politically correct, you can still call a spade and spade.

So sorry stopped the video there, because the interviewer bsically knows bugger all about the thing he is interviewing people about
Taken from wikipedia;
Australia does not have explicit freedom of speech in any constitutional or statutory declaration of rights, with the exception of political speech which is protected from criminal prosecution at common law per Australian Capital Television Pty Ltd v Commonwealth. There is however an implied freedom of speech that was recognised in Lange v Australian Broadcasting Corporation.[56]
Either way, that's not really the point of the discussion. And you couldn't be further from the truth, Steven knows more about the gun topic in the US than anyone else I have come across. You may not like to hear the truth, that doesn't make it any less the truth. But thanks for at least attempting it, although I would have preferred it you didn't give up so easy.


"Make America Great Again!"

User avatar
Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Terrorism

Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:43 pm

Wikipedia is the greatest source of misinformation there is. Whether it is or istn't stated in it's constitution is not the point, Australia does not have a snowflake society like we and the US do.

I know I have relatives out there and they actually laugh at us and our "I'm offended" attitude.


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6263
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Terrorism

Fri May 11, 2018 11:00 pm

Sounds like Australia needs to ban guns...


"Make America Great Again!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6334
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Terrorism

Sun May 13, 2018 2:07 am

Relly wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:00 pm
Sounds like Australia needs to ban guns...
Yes, one family dying is the biggest mass shooting the country has seen in 22 years.
One family dying is the biggest tragedy and most newsworthy thing that has happened in the country in 2 decades

In America, this wouldn't have made the news


It takes a special breed to use this tragic incident to mock Australia and prove a point about gun laws.


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
t.d.
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1537
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:44 am

Re: Terrorism

Sun May 13, 2018 10:11 am

Sandies wrote:
Relly wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:00 pm
Sounds like Australia needs to ban guns...
Yes, one family dying is the biggest mass shooting the country has seen in 22 years.
One family dying is the biggest tragedy and most newsworthy thing that has happened in the country in 2 decades

In America, this wouldn't have made the news


It takes a special breed to use this tragic incident to mock Australia and prove a point about gun laws.
He wasn't actually proving anything though.


Break up the Union.

“Physics is to maths what sex is to masturbation.”
― Richard P. Feynman.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6263
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Terrorism

Sun May 13, 2018 3:28 pm

t.d. wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 10:11 am
Sandies wrote:
Relly wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:00 pm
Sounds like Australia needs to ban guns...
Yes, one family dying is the biggest mass shooting the country has seen in 22 years.
One family dying is the biggest tragedy and most newsworthy thing that has happened in the country in 2 decades

In America, this wouldn't have made the news


It takes a special breed to use this tragic incident to mock Australia and prove a point about gun laws.
He wasn't actually proving anything though.
That banning guns doesn't stop bad people from getting them or killing people.
Last edited by Relly on Sun May 13, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.


"Make America Great Again!"

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6263
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Terrorism

Sun May 13, 2018 3:30 pm

Sandies wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 2:07 am
Relly wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:00 pm
Sounds like Australia needs to ban guns...
Yes, one family dying is the biggest mass shooting the country has seen in 22 years.
One family dying is the biggest tragedy and most newsworthy thing that has happened in the country in 2 decades

In America, this wouldn't have made the news


It takes a special breed to use this tragic incident to mock Australia and prove a point about gun laws.
Because you are never on here right after a shooting in America claiming they need to ban guns.


"Make America Great Again!"

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Posts: 9567
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:40 am

Re: Terrorism

Sun May 13, 2018 8:19 pm

Relly wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 3:28 pm
t.d. wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 10:11 am
Sandies wrote:

Yes, one family dying is the biggest mass shooting the country has seen in 22 years.
One family dying is the biggest tragedy and most newsworthy thing that has happened in the country in 2 decades

In America, this wouldn't have made the news


It takes a special breed to use this tragic incident to mock Australia and prove a point about gun laws.
He wasn't actually proving anything though.
That banning guns doesn't stop bad people from getting them or killing people.
Of course banning guns dosent stop gun murders!?! [Does that even need saying?] What is does do is making it very very hard forsomeone wanting to commer mass murder to actually do so. They would have to go to great lengths taking over several days even weeks to plan it out. Whereas in America some nutjob can just be angry or unstable or whatever for half an hour, and he can just grab his (legitimatelyowned) weapon and gun down anyone in his path! This really isnt rocket science Ben!


My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

User avatar
Martin
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6522
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:22 pm

Re: Terrorism

Sun May 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Australia banned guns in I think 1996.

In 22 years, there has been one mass shooting (?)

How many mass shootings had there been in the previous 22 years?

If you are pro gun then "less guns doesn't mean less deaths" is the wrong argument to make. If you want to argue for guns then the argument is "I am willing to accept x amount of deaths per year to keep my right to bear arms".


Make football fabulous again!

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Posts: 9567
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:40 am

Re: Terrorism

Sun May 13, 2018 10:25 pm

*ahem* "fewer" - sorry :P


My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

User avatar
Martin
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6522
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:22 pm

Re: Terrorism

Tue May 15, 2018 8:51 pm

Sorry.

Bloody English people, learn how to speak English.


Make football fabulous again!

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6263
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Terrorism

Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:47 pm

Surprised Sandies isn't in here losing his shit over another mass shooting, this time in Strasbourg France. I guess since this one happened in a country that already has strict gun laws and was carried out by a muslim who was yelling Allah Akbar it doesn't really suit his agenda. Hopefully you have better luck with the next tragedy Brent.


"Make America Great Again!"

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Posts: 9567
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:40 am

Re: Terrorism

Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:46 pm

*sigh*


My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6263
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Terrorism

Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:51 pm

RedSte wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:46 pm
*sigh*
I sighed too when I witnessed such a double standard.


"Make America Great Again!"

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 669
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Terrorism

Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:39 pm

Relly wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:51 pm
RedSte wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:46 pm
*sigh*
I sighed too when I witnessed such a double standard.
You sure you're not related to Trump?


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6334
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Terrorism

Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:11 am

RedSte wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:46 pm
*sigh*
I was actually on a 24 hour flight but fornicate me. Have you ever in your life witnessed anything more pathetic


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Posts: 3569
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:41 pm

Re: Terrorism

Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:45 am

Where you going/been?!



User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6263
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Terrorism

Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:40 pm

Sandies wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:11 am
RedSte wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:46 pm
*sigh*
I was actually on a 24 hour flight but fornicate me. Have you ever in your life witnessed anything more pathetic
How so? Anytime there is a mass shooting in the US where the narrative revolves around the gun debate you are posting about it 5 mins later in here. Yet you, and most of the liberal media seem to be keeping pretty quiet on this subject. Yes it is pathetic when you pick and choose what stories suit your argument and blatantly ignore similar incident that might nuance the argument a bit.

You can't have it both ways Brent, if you are going to sanctimoniously preach about a topic you can't ignore a major incident that challenges you the integrity of your argument.


"Make America Great Again!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6334
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Terrorism

Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:59 pm

I don’t have enough time or WiFi to really have a go at this and my phone isn’t condusive to long typing

But fornicate me. What did you want from me? To force the plane into an emergency landing so I can quickly get off and type my outrage at this attack?

Honest question Relly, do you think I support this attack?? Do you think I’m okay with it. If you’re answer is yes to any of that, you’re more pathetic than any of us thought.

No matter where you are in the world, crazies are going to get hold of guns. It’s inevitable. However you actively support these crazies getting access to guns. Because as long as they’re American, it’s their constitutional right.

You have no fornicate issue with crazies having access to guns because they’re American. You don’t think it works. Go look up the terrorist in Melbourne last week who tries for weeks to find a gun, couldn’t and got hold of one person before cops shot him dead. How many school kids do shooters get hold of with a gun?

“Better luck with the next tragedy brent” it’s almost as if you believe I support tragedies to fit an agenda. When in this case, it’s you genuinely supporting one because it actually does fit yours.

You have no issue with the 6 year old kid who died in the border camps today because she had the audacity of looking for a better life for herself and not staying in her own country. One more terrorist dead yay! You have issues with children seeking a better life because you’re protecting Americans yet you have no issue with Americans killing Americans because it’s their constitutional right to do so

Previously on here you’ve called me a loser and pathetic for speaking about tragedies and politics in countries that don’t effect me and having a go at you when it does. So let’s not talk about double standards (Y)


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6263
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Terrorism

Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:05 pm

Honest question Relly, do you think I support this attack?? Do you think I’m okay with it. If you’re answer is yes to any of that, you’re more pathetic than any of us thought.

Where did I say you support this attack? I am just saying if a white Christian American guy shoots a few people you are in here immediately blaming the individual, their guns and the rules of the country. But when it's an arab, muslim, French citizen and you can't blame the gun laws and your side never wants to question the religious motives you seem pretty quiet on a topic you usually have lots to say about.


No matter where you are in the world, crazies are going to get hold of guns. It’s inevitable. However you actively support these crazies getting access to guns. Because as long as they’re American, it’s their constitutional right.

I only support good people having guns. I am all for mentally ill people losing their rights in terms of fireamrs

You have no fornicate issue with crazies having access to guns because they’re American. You don’t think it works. Go look up the terrorist in Melbourne last week who tries for weeks to find a gun, couldn’t and got hold of one person before cops shot him dead. How many school kids do shooters get hold of with a gun?

“Better luck with the next tragedy brent” it’s almost as if you believe I support tragedies to fit an agenda. When in this case, it’s you genuinely supporting one because it actually does fit yours.

All I am saying hopefully the next tragedy is one that you can exploit to make a point, not saying you personally support it or anything, never did.

You have no issue with the 6 year old kid who died in the border camps today because she had the audacity of looking for a better life for herself and not staying in her own country. One more terrorist dead yay! You have issues with children seeking a better life because you’re protecting Americans yet you have no issue with Americans killing Americans because it’s their constitutional right to do so

The issue I have here is with the father that thought it would be a good idea to drag his kid on a month long journey across a very dangerous country because he was encouraged by dems and their donors. What happened to that kid has nothing to do with the US and their policies at the border. He is changing his story now because a few lawyers got a hold of him, but even on Saturday the father admitted to not telling people his kid was sick until a few hours before it died and he said once he did tell them that the border guards were good and did everything they could to help.

Previously on here you’ve called me a loser and pathetic for speaking about tragedies and politics in countries that don’t effect me and having a go at you when it does. So let’s not talk about double standards (Y)

I am not really talking about that tragedy per se, just pointing out your suspicious ignoring of a mass shooting. And there is a difference between seeing a tragedy in another part of the world and having a reaction to it vs following the everyday minutia of another countries politics that is on the opposite side of the world.

[/quote]


"Make America Great Again!"

Return to “Members Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users