Next Match: Image
Brighton in the League Cup.
Wednesday 30th September 2020, KO 19:45 UTC.
raycreative
International Player
International Player

Re: Politics thread

Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Sandies wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:32 am
What an incredibly special lad Rashford is. Just incredible. Using his platform to do so much good.

To think the plea was actually rejected to begin with. Guessing they probably couldn't find dirt on him. Even Katie hopkins has had her pop.

i'm sure hes aware when it's over theyll come after him just like they have with Sterling, but how incredible it is to see someone with his standing try change the world one meal at a time
Not sure if you know it but he also learned sign language so he could judge a deaf and dumb childrens competition.A lad who clearly knows right from wrong.Maybe he should run for President of the USA although the Trumper will probably not allow him past the borders

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:15 pm

I was amused to see that Dr Trumps missus is known as "the portrait" because she never speaks and alarm bells start ringing if he tries to touch her
I wonder if he is self isolating his dick whilst this is going on

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:58 pm

huge blow for trump. The Supreme Court won’t let him randomly fire gay people and now hes not going to get to round up high school kids from their classrooms and drag them off to prison. Thoughts and prayers.

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:22 pm

Sandies wrote:
huge blow for trump. The Supreme Court won’t let him randomly fire gay people and now hes not going to get to round up high school kids from their classrooms and drag them off to prison. Thoughts and prayers.
As usual it's a complete mess and that frightens me
I know the Trumpers will claim Bolton's book is fake news and Dr/Dictator Trump will say he is a shit writer and was a shit member of his staff.And he never wanted Bolton etc etc etc but when Bolton tells you he is palling up with China and agreeing to concentration camps and doesn't have a problem with Putin invading the Ukraine you get an idea of his mindset and therefore there is no end of what he might do to stay in office
You wouldn't rule out a nuclear war if he was allowed that as a distraction

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:24 pm

Thoughts on Rashford - the lad's a hero and spoke really eloquently and moanoeuvred the government into a position where they were forced to concede that it was actually a good idea to feed poor kids! [Cant believe I'm having to say that]

My sincere hope is that when his playing days are over, he dosent go into management or punditry. I want him to become an MP, go to Parliament and get things done to help the people of this country like he did this week. He's a natural!!

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:33 pm

Trump update - although I am not yet reneging on my prediction that he would win in November, the polls are now looking scary. Latest big poll I saw had Biden 7% points ahead but what is really interesting is the breakdown of the polls. For instance:

Among men Trump has a 13 point lead; but among women Biden has a 28 point lead. Unsurprisingly women dont want to vote for a serial molester!

Among blacks Biden has an 84% lead - yes 73% [Biden 82 , trump 9]. Unsurprisngly blacks dont want to vote for a white supremicist!

Among those with a college education Biden leads by 27% Unsurprising, as only an idiot, (+ aforementioned misogynist or racist) would vote for Trump.

Among non-college educated , Trump has a 31% lead. Unsurprisng, as only an idiot...etc

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:08 am

This. This is the president of the United States

fornicate hell

Jesus wept

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:44 am

I see we're still pushing the "if we stop the testing we wont have any cases" line

If we stop death certificates we'll have no deaths either

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:04 am

“We know it’s real, but we don’t know if it’s real”

Jesus America needs to vote

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:34 pm

It's actually quite frightening as the man must be desperate now

As Dictator Trump he thinks he is above every law
He clearly told Bill Barr to fire the New Jersey attorney Berman and replace him with another Trumper.
i am surprised it wasn't Kushner!!
But either way Barr only replaced him with another honest injun which puts Barr in a bad position
Clearly this will be Bill Barrs last job in the legal system as he will almost certainly go the way of Michael Cohen as when this presidency is over in the near future there is,imo,a serious chance Trump will end up in jail if 1/4 of what John Bolton says is true
Bribery,lies,deception and possibly treason
Trump will blame anybody he can and call it lies and fake news "everybody knows it" but when he can't control the here's Donny show it could become very interesting

Even Ben can't defend the prick now so he did what "a million people did last night" and has vanished without trace :laugh: :laugh:

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:20 am

RedSte wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:45 pm
I'm sure Ben will be perfectly Ok with this btw...

I'm OK with that too... I wish in all countries people could get guns (maybe not as easy in the US but after a psychological evaluation)

This way people can defend themselves from leftist commies like antifa and other radical globo-homo elements.

The governments are not doing anything & have completely abandoned law-abiding citizens.

We need to be able to defend ourselves.

To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:52 pm

Just remember this was an “invented injustice”

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:15 am

America

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:39 am

It's actually fornicate remarkable watching countries lead the way showing how to deal with the virus, and then seeing other places obtain record amount of cases.

What part about stay home and wear a mask do people and governments not understand

Australia is at a point now where one half of the country is free, restaurants and pubs are open and the football is allowing crowds again
The other side of the country only had 30 cases yesterday and everyone is freaking out that we're fornicate

And then you have America protesting marks and the British flocking to the beach

Incredible

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:10 am

Sandies wrote:
It's actually fornicate remarkable watching countries lead the way showing how to deal with the virus, and then seeing other places obtain record amount of cases.

What part about stay home and wear a mask do people and governments not understand

Australia is at a point now where one half of the country is free, restaurants and pubs are open and the football is allowing crowds again
The other side of the country only had 30 cases yesterday and everyone is freaking out that we're fornicate

And then you have America protesting marks and the British flocking to the beach

Incredible

And don't forget the scousers flocking to Anfield
They're as in denial as Ben

But as usual if anybody dies it won't be because of them

Interesting yesterday that i heard from my "behind the scenes" man at Chelsea that the insurance companies that cover accidents in grounds on match days(all clubs are legally obliged to have this cover) has now put a clause in to say if anybody dies of the virus after catching it at a game the cover is void
As such if they let a crowd in to watch a game and somebody later dies then the club itself has to pay up
A sure sign that the crowds won't be back soon in the UK

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:34 pm

RedSte wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:26 am
I notice Ben hasnt responded to any of these posts and hasnt posted for 13 days!

Hope he's OK :(
Thanks for what appears to be genuine concern. I mean at the end of the day we are all humans, and in one form or another most of us have known each other for around 20 years now.... wow, that's crazy.

But I am fine, I just got sick of reading these false, emotional, hyperbolic posts from Ray, then me responding to him with all the actual details that blow up his story, just for him to completely ignore it, and move on to the next set of false hyperbolic statements.

Having said that, I am about to do some jumping in here, for old times sake.

"Make America Great Again!"

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:36 pm

Sandies wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:54 am
Relly wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:29 pm
Sandies wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 5:31 am
It really is heartbreaking what is going on.

Where is the leadership right now? How the fornicate has the president not given an address?

Mind you, cant see him showing the same support and sympathy he did to the white nationalists who travelled to Charlotsville

Would much rather listen to real leadership :

Lots of questions being asked as well about these riots - why the fornicate are there so many white people joining in and destroying property and undercover cops in the crowd.

This country is broken, seriously, and I don't see how they can fix this. Leadership that has stroked the flames of racism and a police system so broken for years, it was only one incident away from this. When silent protesters and important people tried to make a difference, they were told they were sons of bitches who hate the country.

The only way this can be fixed is a high turn out in voting in November. Trump is in a position now where has to either support the police violence, or try win black votes.

If this is making America great again...
Quit spouting conspiracy theories that have been debunked a 1000 times.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... 39815.html

It's all white people because it's not black people protesting George Floyd, it's a coordinated attack on the country by Anitfa, most likely funded by George Soros. These are leftist extremists and all of the blame of what's going on right now falls on the left. Trump has now rightfully declared Anitfa a terrorist organization, so I think we'll see where the money is coming from pretty soon.
Aye yes, it's ONLY the radical left here. No right at all... none at all

Funny how immediately they're labelled terrorists. KKK still functions freely in society. The alt right nationalists killing people in Charlottesville were very fine people (Y)
Pretty sure I have debunked this for you several times, but here it is again. Continuing to repeat lies after the truth has been exposed makes you look foolish.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:47 pm

RED3bution wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:23 pm
Rep Steve King of IOWA, if not racist, then someone who has very strong views on the matter. Well he was defeated in the primaries. I will leave you to guess what political party he belongs to.

After president Trump's behavior the last few days, I am certain that we have not seen the lowest of lows. A total race to the bottom....
Steve King is out because of Republicans. He was a fairly prominent republican, on TV a lot, had roles in major commitees. As soon as he made those statements the republicans striped him of all duties. I haven't seen his face on TV since, I haven't read his name in news article, nothing, he was made a lame duck by the republican party. It was republicans that all rallied behind his primary challenger and made big donations to get Steve King out.

Contrast that with dems, who have a few (we know most of them are) prominent anti-semites in their party and they are some of the most prominent members of the party. When Ilhan Omar made several obvious anti-semitic comments in a row the house wanted to censure her, but the dems watered it down to some broad anti-racism resolution that never mentioned her, ie they openly protected the anti-semites in their party. And she has since gone on to be even more popular with the party.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:48 pm

RedSte wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:45 pm
I'm sure Ben will be perfectly Ok with this btw...

In fairness, a .22 is a kids gun.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:50 pm

raycreative wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:41 pm
This is a Republican
Trump has lost the plot
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/07/poli ... index.html

Lock him up
He hasn't been a republican since 2008. He choose color over principles, so he fits right in at the democratic party.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:55 pm

raycreative wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:22 pm
Sandies wrote:
As usual it's a complete mess and that frightens me
I know the Trumpers will claim Bolton's book is fake news and Dr/Dictator Trump will say he is a shit writer and was a shit member of his staff.And he never wanted Bolton etc etc etc but when Bolton tells you he is palling up with China and agreeing to concentration camps and doesn't have a problem with Putin invading the Ukraine you get an idea of his mindset and therefore there is no end of what he might do to stay in office
You wouldn't rule out a nuclear war if he was allowed that as a distraction
Hiring Bolton is by far the worst thing Trump has done, he is the anti-thesis of everything Trump stands for, no one liked or understood the fact he hired Bolton. Bolton is a Bush era war mongering neo-con, he's been itching for a war with Iran forever and when Trump wouldn't give it to him (how many armed conflicts have started under Trump?) he threw his toys of the the pram.

And if you're going to lie to hurt Trump at least pick something that makes sense. Trump being anti-china is the hallmark of his presidency, and it was he stance long before he was ever in politics. It's an absolutely insane contention to suggest Trump is in bed with China.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:58 pm

Sandies wrote:
I see we're still pushing the "if we stop the testing we wont have any cases" line

He was making a joke, we are getting so many cases because we are testing so much I had to tell them to slow down. Your either to stupid to comprehend that it's a joke, or to dishonest to admit it.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:03 pm

Sandies wrote:

Incredible
I know people in the US, I am in a couple facebook groups with people all over the US and I can tell you that mask wearing, and overall general concern about covid is much higher in the US than in Canada. There are stores that have locations in the US and Canada and have mandatory mask policies in the US and not in Canada.

If it wasn't for democrat governors forcing covid patients into nursing homes it wouldn't be any near as bad in the US.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:58 am

Relly wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:58 pm
Sandies wrote:

He was making a joke, we are getting so many cases because we are testing so much I had to tell them to slow down. Your either to stupid to comprehend that it's a joke, or to dishonest to admit it.
Ah yes, the old Trump was just joking every time he says something stupid line

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:44 am

Relly wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:47 pm
RED3bution wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:23 pm
Rep Steve King of IOWA, if not racist, then someone who has very strong views on the matter. Well he was defeated in the primaries. I will leave you to guess what political party he belongs to.

After president Trump's behavior the last few days, I am certain that we have not seen the lowest of lows. A total race to the bottom....
Steve King is out because of Republicans. He was a fairly prominent republican, on TV a lot, had roles in major commitees. As soon as he made those statements the republicans striped him of all duties. I haven't seen his face on TV since, I haven't read his name in news article, nothing, he was made a lame duck by the republican party. It was republicans that all rallied behind his primary challenger and made big donations to get Steve King out.

Contrast that with dems, who have a few (we know most of them are) prominent anti-semites in their party and they are some of the most prominent members of the party. When Ilhan Omar made several obvious anti-semitic comments in a row the house wanted to censure her, but the dems watered it down to some broad anti-racism resolution that never mentioned her, ie they openly protected the anti-semites in their party. And she has since gone on to be even more popular with the party.
This is a text-book way for distortion and conflation. Racism and anti-semitism are not interchangeable.
Comparing a freshman democrat congresswoman to a seasoned republican is as glossy as it gets.
Steve King has always maintained his position and it was not until about 3 years ago that Republicans deemed his positions too embarrassing due to his increased TV time on the committee he was CHAIRMAN of.
Ilhan Omar has not gone on to become more popular and if she has it is not because of her politics.
I hope am not censoring your speech by pointing out a few fatal analogies. You are increasingly proficient at it.

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Return to “Members Lounge”