Loading...
Next Match: Image
Liverpool in the Premier League.
Sunday 16th December 2018, KO 16:00 UTC.
User avatar
ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1973
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:13 am

Re: Politics thread

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:21 pm

RedSte wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:23 am
who are you again? :P

it sort of depends on who's asking .. ;)

but generally speaking..
I am what I am .... and that's who I am..
:)


To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.


User avatar
raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Politics thread

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:29 am

But as Ben keeps telling us
"They shouldn't have been in that area"
and
"You can't worry about everybody who gets shot"
and
"Who gives a shit anyway?"



Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6332
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Politics thread

Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:19 pm

Don't worry im sure the bullets are safe. Just like the gas is


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6261
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Politics thread

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:23 pm

I could link you a number of articles about people winning the lottery, doesn't change the fact that the odds are 1 in 100 million. I never said there aren't isolated incidents of police brutality, some of it even racially motivated. But it is extremely rare and statistically more likely to happen to white people than black people.

Your idea that police officers are targeting black people and unjustifiably killing them is statistically not true, it's a myth perpetuated by dumb people because other dumb people will believe them without looking at the facts.

This is by far the worst example of a police shooting and the victim is white. You probably haven't heard about it because he's white and it doesn't feed a false narrative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ooa7wOKHhg


"Make America Great Again!"

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6261
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Politics thread

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:28 pm

raycreative wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:29 am
But as Ben keeps telling us
"They shouldn't have been in that area"
and
"You can't worry about everybody who gets shot"
and
"Who gives a shit anyway?"
Two things,
1. I am 40 and have never had a run in with a police officer in my life. Live a good, clean, law abiding life and you won't find yourself in situations where you are dealing with the police.

2. If you do find yourself in a situation with a cop, no matter how wrong they are, do exactly what they say and follow all their instructions. If they are in the wrong deal with it afterwards, but in the moment, when tensions are raised and the cop has a gun and you don't, that's not the time to argue.

Incidentally what makes the video I just posted so bad is this poor guy followed both those rules and still ended up dead. Just like their are people at your work who are bad at their job, their are cops that are bad at their job. And in those situations I have no problem blaming the cops.


"Make America Great Again!"

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6261
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Politics thread

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:32 pm

Relly wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:23 pm
I could link you a number of articles about people winning the lottery, doesn't change the fact that the odds are 1 in 100 million. I never said there aren't isolated incidents of police brutality, some of it even racially motivated. But it is extremely rare and statistically more likely to happen to white people than black people.

Your idea that police officers are targeting black people and unjustifiably killing them is statistically not true, it's a myth perpetuated by dumb people because other dumb people will believe them without looking at the facts.

This is by far the worst example of a police shooting and the victim is white. You probably haven't heard about it because he's white and it doesn't feed a false narrative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ooa7wOKHhg
Incidentally, just to prove what dumb sheep the left is, Shaun King, the first link you posted, is a white guy pretending to be black, but he is super progressive, so he gets a pass for his insanely racists lifestyle.


"Make America Great Again!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6332
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Politics thread

Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:55 am

Relly wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:23 pm
I could link you a number of articles about people winning the lottery, doesn't change the fact that the odds are 1 in 100 million. I never said there aren't isolated incidents of police brutality, some of it even racially motivated. But it is extremely rare and statistically more likely to happen to white people than black people.

Your idea that police officers are targeting black people and unjustifiably killing them is statistically not true, it's a myth perpetuated by dumb people because other dumb people will believe them without looking at the facts.

This is by far the worst example of a police shooting and the victim is white. You probably haven't heard about it because he's white and it doesn't feed a false narrative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ooa7wOKHhg
We've spoken about this exact shooting video before. Dumb people eh?

Your point was wrong then and it's wrong now

Incidentlly, it was through Shaun King that I first saw the video. Funny about that.

And whoever posted the video is fornicate irrelavnt compared to the fact the video happened. Unless you're now going to follow your hero and claim it was edited


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6332
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Politics thread

Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:56 am

Relly wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:28 pm
raycreative wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:29 am
But as Ben keeps telling us
"They shouldn't have been in that area"
and
"You can't worry about everybody who gets shot"
and
"Who gives a shit anyway?"
Two things,
1. I am 40 and have never had a run in with a police officer in my life. Live a good, clean, law abiding life and you won't find yourself in situations where you are dealing with the police.

2. If you do find yourself in a situation with a cop, no matter how wrong they are, do exactly what they say and follow all their instructions. If they are in the wrong deal with it afterwards, but in the moment, when tensions are raised and the cop has a gun and you don't, that's not the time to argue.

Incidentally what makes the video I just posted so bad is this poor guy followed both those rules and still ended up dead. Just like their are people at your work who are bad at their job, their are cops that are bad at their job. And in those situations I have no problem blaming the cops.


1. Being a security guard taking down an attempted murderer doesn't warrant having a run in with a police offer.

2. So put your hands up exactly like 3 of these men did. I wonder why they were shot then :o


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6261
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Politics thread

Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:43 pm

Sandies wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:56 am
Relly wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:28 pm
raycreative wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:29 am
But as Ben keeps telling us
"They shouldn't have been in that area"
and
"You can't worry about everybody who gets shot"
and
"Who gives a shit anyway?"
Two things,
1. I am 40 and have never had a run in with a police officer in my life. Live a good, clean, law abiding life and you won't find yourself in situations where you are dealing with the police.

2. If you do find yourself in a situation with a cop, no matter how wrong they are, do exactly what they say and follow all their instructions. If they are in the wrong deal with it afterwards, but in the moment, when tensions are raised and the cop has a gun and you don't, that's not the time to argue.

Incidentally what makes the video I just posted so bad is this poor guy followed both those rules and still ended up dead. Just like their are people at your work who are bad at their job, their are cops that are bad at their job. And in those situations I have no problem blaming the cops.


1. Being a security guard taking down an attempted murderer doesn't warrant having a run in with a police offer.

2. So put your hands up exactly like 3 of these men did. I wonder why they were shot then :o
Find where I said it never happens? What I said was the odds of it happening are extremely low, and for the most part it's the actions of the individual that will increase or decrease those odds. And statistically white people are more likely to die in these situations than black people, so quit pushing a false narrative.

We have had this conversation before, I proved you wrong then, so yes, I was curious as to why you brought it back up.

By the way, I am in the market for a new handgun, debating between the Glock 17 and an HK P30L, any thoughts?


"Make America Great Again!"

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6261
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Politics thread

Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:45 pm

Relly wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:43 pm
Sandies wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:56 am
Relly wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:28 pm


Two things,
1. I am 40 and have never had a run in with a police officer in my life. Live a good, clean, law abiding life and you won't find yourself in situations where you are dealing with the police.

2. If you do find yourself in a situation with a cop, no matter how wrong they are, do exactly what they say and follow all their instructions. If they are in the wrong deal with it afterwards, but in the moment, when tensions are raised and the cop has a gun and you don't, that's not the time to argue.

Incidentally what makes the video I just posted so bad is this poor guy followed both those rules and still ended up dead. Just like their are people at your work who are bad at their job, their are cops that are bad at their job. And in those situations I have no problem blaming the cops.


1. Being a security guard taking down an attempted murderer doesn't warrant having a run in with a police offer.

2. So put your hands up exactly like 3 of these men did. I wonder why they were shot then :o
Find where I said it never happens? What I said was the odds of it happening are extremely low, and for the most part it's the actions of the individual that will increase or decrease those odds. And statistically white people are more likely to die in these situations than black people, so quit pushing a false narrative.

We have had this conversation before, I proved you wrong then, so yes, I was curious as to why you brought it back up.

And yes, people who continue to push falsified information after it's been proven to be false are dumb or maybe deceptive.

By the way, I am in the market for a new handgun, debating between the Glock 17 and an HK P30L, any thoughts?


"Make America Great Again!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6332
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Politics thread

Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:33 pm

Please tell me where you proved me wrong. I know it exists in your mind you've proved yourself right but doesn't mean it actually happened

Couldn't give a shit which gun you get, just make sure if you accidently shoot someone, they're black (Y)


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6261
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Politics thread

Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:47 pm

Sandies wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:33 pm
Please tell me where you proved me wrong. I know it exists in your mind you've proved yourself right but doesn't mean it actually happened

Couldn't give a shit which gun you get, just make sure if you accidently shoot someone, they're black (Y)
https://www.nber.org/papers/w22399

A study by a professor at Harvard. For the record, the professor is black and Harvard is a leftist institution.


"Make America Great Again!"

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 667
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Politics thread

Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:00 pm

Relly wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:47 pm
Sandies wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:33 pm
Please tell me where you proved me wrong. I know it exists in your mind you've proved yourself right but doesn't mean it actually happened

Couldn't give a shit which gun you get, just make sure if you accidently shoot someone, they're black (Y)
https://www.nber.org/papers/w22399

A study by a professor at Harvard. For the record, the professor is black and Harvard is a leftist institution.
What page shall I go to sir? Be kind.


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6261
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Politics thread

Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:19 pm

RED3bution wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:00 pm
Relly wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:47 pm
Sandies wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:33 pm
Please tell me where you proved me wrong. I know it exists in your mind you've proved yourself right but doesn't mean it actually happened

Couldn't give a shit which gun you get, just make sure if you accidently shoot someone, they're black (Y)
https://www.nber.org/papers/w22399

A study by a professor at Harvard. For the record, the professor is black and Harvard is a leftist institution.
What page shall I go to sir? Be kind.
Read the whole thing, but the Abstract on page 2 summarizes the results.


"Make America Great Again!"

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 667
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Politics thread

Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:49 pm

Relly wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:19 pm
RED3bution wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:00 pm
Relly wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:47 pm


https://www.nber.org/papers/w22399

A study by a professor at Harvard. For the record, the professor is black and Harvard is a leftist institution.
What page shall I go to sir? Be kind.
Read the whole thing, but the Abstract on page 2 summarizes the results.
57 pages just to get to a central point? You must think I live here.
A summary means nothing if you do not look at methodology. You already gave the summary in your post, so posting a link to that work will only bring scrutiny to the methodology. Page 5 tells you the limitations of that study.
This will help you understand it's scope as well as what it can and cannot say. Hopefully.


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6261
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Politics thread

Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:53 pm

RED3bution wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:49 pm
Relly wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:19 pm
RED3bution wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:00 pm


What page shall I go to sir? Be kind.
Read the whole thing, but the Abstract on page 2 summarizes the results.
57 pages just to get to a central point? You must think I live here.
A summary means nothing if you do not look at methodology. You already gave the summary in your post, so posting a link to that work will only bring scrutiny to the methodology. Page 5 tells you the limitations of that study.
This will help you understand it's scope as well as what it can and cannot say. Hopefully.
In the spirit of honest work they gave a caveat, and said it probably isn't even true.

I have provided you evidence, pretty respectable evidence, but have never seen a shred of evidence that cops are disporportionally killing black people.


"Make America Great Again!"

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 667
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Politics thread

Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:13 pm

Relly wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:53 pm
RED3bution wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:49 pm
Relly wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:19 pm

Read the whole thing, but the Abstract on page 2 summarizes the results.
57 pages just to get to a central point? You must think I live here.
A summary means nothing if you do not look at methodology. You already gave the summary in your post, so posting a link to that work will only bring scrutiny to the methodology. Page 5 tells you the limitations of that study.
This will help you understand it's scope as well as what it can and cannot say. Hopefully.
In the spirit of honest work they gave a caveat, and said it probably isn't even true.

I have provided you evidence, pretty respectable evidence, but have never seen a shred of evidence that cops are disporportionally killing black people.
Semantics. The author said that only 1 set of data used for his entire study was provided by a source outside of those involved in the study. So Police Departments provided the data to him in all but one of his collection.

Let me drive a little bit at your misconception. Nobody with common sense will argue numbers with you and the reason I asked you to point me to a page that contains your central point is simply because of what I am about to depict, I hope clearly enough for you.

If I have 800 Manutd fans in a stadium of 1000 capacity and about 150 Spurs fans, if there's some fan trouble and roughly 50 fans are arrested, the likelihood is higher that out of that 50 a larger number would consist of Manutd than Tottenham fans. Does it mean that manutd fans are more likely to get into fan trouble? If you answered yes, then you need a proper statistics class.

If you can find the page in your evidence that makes this implied adjusted comparison, then you have something worthy. I hope this was clear as I intended.


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6261
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Politics thread

Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:43 pm

RED3bution wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:13 pm
Relly wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:53 pm
RED3bution wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:49 pm

57 pages just to get to a central point? You must think I live here.
A summary means nothing if you do not look at methodology. You already gave the summary in your post, so posting a link to that work will only bring scrutiny to the methodology. Page 5 tells you the limitations of that study.
This will help you understand it's scope as well as what it can and cannot say. Hopefully.
In the spirit of honest work they gave a caveat, and said it probably isn't even true.

I have provided you evidence, pretty respectable evidence, but have never seen a shred of evidence that cops are disporportionally killing black people.
Semantics. The author said that only 1 set of data used for his entire study was provided by a source outside of those involved in the study. So Police Departments provided the data to him in all but one of his collection.

Let me drive a little bit at your misconception. Nobody with common sense will argue numbers with you and the reason I asked you to point me to a page that contains your central point is simply because of what I am about to depict, I hope clearly enough for you.

If I have 800 Manutd fans in a stadium of 1000 capacity and about 150 Spurs fans, if there's some fan trouble and roughly 50 fans are arrested, the likelihood is higher that out of that 50 a larger number would consist of Manutd than Tottenham fans. Does it mean that manutd fans are more likely to get into fan trouble? If you answered yes, then you need a proper statistics class.

If you can find the page in your evidence that makes this implied adjusted comparison, then you have something worthy. I hope this was clear as I intended.
But the study is stating the man utd fans are mostly old woman and little children and the Spurs fans are military aged men from the rough part of London, therefore of the 50 people arrested it's mostly those spurs fans. To use your analogy.


"Make America Great Again!"

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 667
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Politics thread

Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:13 am

Relly wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:43 pm
RED3bution wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:13 pm
Relly wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:53 pm

In the spirit of honest work they gave a caveat, and said it probably isn't even true.

I have provided you evidence, pretty respectable evidence, but have never seen a shred of evidence that cops are disporportionally killing black people.
Semantics. The author said that only 1 set of data used for his entire study was provided by a source outside of those involved in the study. So Police Departments provided the data to him in all but one of his collection.

Let me drive a little bit at your misconception. Nobody with common sense will argue numbers with you and the reason I asked you to point me to a page that contains your central point is simply because of what I am about to depict, I hope clearly enough for you.

If I have 800 Manutd fans in a stadium of 1000 capacity and about 150 Spurs fans, if there's some fan trouble and roughly 50 fans are arrested, the likelihood is higher that out of that 50 a larger number would consist of Manutd than Tottenham fans. Does it mean that manutd fans are more likely to get into fan trouble? If you answered yes, then you need a proper statistics class.

If you can find the page in your evidence that makes this implied adjusted comparison, then you have something worthy. I hope this was clear as I intended.
But the study is stating the man utd fans are mostly old woman and little children and the Spurs fans are military aged men from the rough part of London, therefore of the 50 people arrested it's mostly those spurs fans. To use your analogy.
You've perfectly misunderstood my analogy, I think.

I don't know how you've arrived there. I thought the study was trying to say that Whites are more likely to have a fatal experience with cops than are blacks at least by sheer numbers? Did it say anything about demographics? Point me to the page which has informed you so Relly and end this argument in your favor.


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6261
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Politics thread

Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:19 am

RED3bution wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:13 am
Relly wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:43 pm
RED3bution wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:13 pm

Semantics. The author said that only 1 set of data used for his entire study was provided by a source outside of those involved in the study. So Police Departments provided the data to him in all but one of his collection.

Let me drive a little bit at your misconception. Nobody with common sense will argue numbers with you and the reason I asked you to point me to a page that contains your central point is simply because of what I am about to depict, I hope clearly enough for you.

If I have 800 Manutd fans in a stadium of 1000 capacity and about 150 Spurs fans, if there's some fan trouble and roughly 50 fans are arrested, the likelihood is higher that out of that 50 a larger number would consist of Manutd than Tottenham fans. Does it mean that manutd fans are more likely to get into fan trouble? If you answered yes, then you need a proper statistics class.

If you can find the page in your evidence that makes this implied adjusted comparison, then you have something worthy. I hope this was clear as I intended.
But the study is stating the man utd fans are mostly old woman and little children and the Spurs fans are military aged men from the rough part of London, therefore of the 50 people arrested it's mostly those spurs fans. To use your analogy.
You've perfectly misunderstood my analogy, I think.

I don't know how you've arrived there. I thought the study was trying to say that Whites are more likely to have a fatal experience with cops than are blacks at least by sheer numbers? Did it say anything about demographics? Point me to the page which has informed you so Relly and end this argument in your favor.
First off, the argument is already won in my favour, facts are facts.

Secondly, I rarely ever know what you are talking about. It's always a matter of me trying to make sense of the crap you spew. I think the point you are making, again, correct me if I am wrong, is that whites make up more of the population, thus more likely to get killed by cops. My rebuttal is that the study says, blacks account for 50% of run ins with cops because they commit more violent crimes, thus despite interacting more with cops they still are less likely then a white person to be killed by a cop.

Again if you don't like the facts I am still waiting on evidence that says cops are killing black people disproportionally.


"Make America Great Again!"

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 667
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Politics thread

Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:48 am

You are bang-on correct with your interpretation of what I was saying. The "study" is still being studied but here is something to look at as I spoke to earlier.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2016/07/15/ ... shootings/


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6261
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Politics thread

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:17 pm

RED3bution wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:48 am
You are bang-on correct with your interpretation of what I was saying. The "study" is still being studied but here is something to look at as I spoke to earlier.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2016/07/15/ ... shootings/
I don't do snopes, might as well go to CNN for my news.


"Make America Great Again!"

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 667
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Politics thread

Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:52 pm

Relly wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:17 pm
RED3bution wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:48 am
You are bang-on correct with your interpretation of what I was saying. The "study" is still being studied but here is something to look at as I spoke to earlier.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2016/07/15/ ... shootings/
I don't do snopes, might as well go to CNN for my news.
I'm not asking you to subscribe. It's a report not an opinion. It expresses my exact sentiments about the methodology.


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Return to “Members Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Relly