Next Match: Image
West Ham United in the Premier League.
Sunday 22nd September 2019, KO 14:00 BST.

Do you believe any of these conspiracy theories?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:47 pm

9/11 - inside job
27%
JFK assassination
27%
Moon landings
9%
Aliens exist? - Area 51
18%
Rothschild family rule the world
18%
Malaysian airlines
No votes
Illuminati - lizard beings etc
No votes

Total votes: 11
Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Re: conspiracy theories.....

Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:25 pm

Whatever happened to evidence based conclusions?
9/11 The treat was probably known,, and I don't think they knew the exact details of what's about to happen.

Aliens: Statistically speaking, there should be life on other planets, but we cannot predict on how such life would look like. For them to come to earth is highly improbable, the distance required to travel would be immense, they'd have to be immortal, or keep procreating while travelling, for billions of years. If they're close enough for them to travel to earth, we'd have detected them.

The Moon landing: If it was a hoax, don't you think the Russians would have said something about it? The moon landing is a direct result of the cold war, and the reason NASA stopped going is because of lack of funding.

Some families ruling the world There are probably families with strong ties to governments or corporations that are tied to governments, however I highly doubt that they're pulling strings all over the globe to suit their personal agendas.

Illuminati Same as the above, and why would a so called secret society keep placing it's mark (triangle and eye) all over the place if it's a secret society supposedly trying to hide its involvement in affairs.

You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:23 pm

ivandaman wrote:The Moon landing:  Did some brief research. Some "experts" claim that the journey is simply impossible to happen because of multiple challenges that the science simply had no answer to. And probably still does not.
Personally I'm kind of perplexed why after we (supposedly) landed on the moon 50 freaking years ago, we never attempted another voyage?  Doesn't make much sense does it??
Other than the following 5 landings and the aborted Apollo 13 mission you mean?

There is overwhelming evidence from far too many sources that we did indeed land on the moon that it's comical that this still has any traction.

The fact that Armstrong fluffed his lines stepping onto the surface is proof enough for me that it was real. Otherwise, just re-record it.

The sheer number of people involved as well makes it exceedingly unlikely to be pulled off as a hoax.

Aside from people wanting to walk on the surface of another heavenly body, honestly, why go back? We're not establishing moon bases, because frankly there is little need to. Congress isn't going to fund missions to the moon for the sole reason of just walking around on there. Really, the only reason to go back to the Moon is as a test run for a manned Mars mission.

Maverick McKillshark
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:38 pm

Dante wrote:We're not establishing moon bases, because frankly there is little need to. Congress isn't going to fund missions to the moon for the sole reason of just walking around on there. Really, the only reason to go back to the Moon is as a test run for a manned Mars mission.
Actually some suggest that the abundance of the extremely rare and valuable elemental isotope ³He (helium-3) on the moon would make a permanent mining operation there extremely profitable towards the advancement of nuclear fusion technology.

As soon as it becomes economically viable to thus mine the surface expect moon bases to be constructed forthwith.

Of course though, that doesn't change the fact that moon-landing conspiracy theories are an absolute crock of shit.

HP Sauce salesman of the month January, May, June 2015

Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:43 pm

So we're fornicate this planet and want the fornicate with its satellite as well?

AustinTXRed
International Player
International Player

Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:27 pm

I read a good book about the JFK assassination that posited that Oswald did act alone, but a bullet from a secret service weapon was accidentally fired and hit JFK. It explains both the ballistics, as well as why people on the street smelled smoke (bullets fired from where Oswald was or the Grassy Knoll wouldn't have been close enough for that).

It also explains why there can be no actual explanation, they couldn't put forward that the Secret Service accidentally shot the guy they were supposed to be protecting.

As to others:

9/11 wasn't an inside job

Aliens probably have made contact (But not what we think of as aliens since they could be pretty much anything).

Moon landing(s) all happened.

Follow me on Twitter: @ScottASpecht

Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:33 pm

Can people explain how they come to the conclusion that aliens have made contact?

Maverick McKillshark
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:39 pm

Matt wrote:So we're fornicate this planet and want the fornicate with its satellite as well?
Whether or not one believes one can truly 'fornicate' an entirely barren celestial body such as the Earth's moon, of course, depends on one's personal sentiments towards that kind of thing.

You might feel reassured to know though that a viable and consistent source of ³He would perhaps significantly lessen the necessity of the human race to fornicate with it's home planet, even if, in your opinion, lessening the propensity to do so might ultimately take a lot longer.
Last edited by Maverick McKillshark on Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:53 pm

Wouldn't messing with the moon affect the moon, and in turn affect the Earth's climate?

Maverick McKillshark
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:59 pm

Well... no. Not in this context, no.

mikey
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:12 pm

It could also fornicate with the tides. The moon cycle controls the oceans.

Maverick McKillshark
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:26 pm

Theory suggests that any mining operation would have to process 150,000,000 tons of moon rock to extract a single ton of ³He. That that's considered abundant compared to Earth's own supply should give you an impression of how rare this stuff is.

Even considering the fact that any such mining operation would by economic necessity also be extracting various other more abundant resources, the mass of material actually leaving the moon's surface would be absolutely minuscule in relation to that which would actually to have to be removed to have even the most insignificantly detectable effect on the Earth's tidal mechanisms and such.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:13 pm

Matt wrote:Can people explain how they come to the conclusion that aliens have made contact?

Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:20 pm

Ok. I believe.

t.d.
International Player
International Player

Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:35 pm

The Moon's gravitational force which acts upon the Earth effects the tide, and the Moon's gravitational force is determined by it's mass. If the Moon's mass would change (significantly) then it's effect upon us would be different.

Also not forgetting the distance between two objects.

F = G (m1 x m2) / r^2

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

Maverick McKillshark
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:23 am

Come on, don't be thick.

How much tonnage of ³He you think humans would realistically extract from the moon considering it takes 150,000,000 tons of ore to refine a single ton of the isotope?

t.d.
International Player
International Player

Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:44 am

Not really sure how you came to the conclusion that I disagreed with you from my post. I posted a brief explanation of the physics which governs two objects with gravitational forces which acts upon each other, and how a change in the mass of object A will have an impact on its gravitational force upon object B, or vice-versa, or if the distance between both objects increases/decreases.
Last edited by t.d. on Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:46 am

wasnt this originally about "did man go to the moon or not" , rather than some science lesson?

So to paraphrase: Did man land on the moon?

Well, Isotope so :)

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

t.d.
International Player
International Player

Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:47 am

:clap:

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:49 am

Welcome back mun (Y)

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:00 am

What RedSte said, welcome back Tryst.

Make football fabulous again!

Maverick McKillshark
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:01 am

RedSte wrote:wasnt this originally about "did man go to the moon or not" , rather than some science lesson?

So to paraphrase: Did man land on the moon? �

Well, Isotope so �:)
Well if man had never been to the moon, don't you reckon the Russians would think to mention that when discussing plans for potential ³He moon mines being constructed at some point in not-so-distant future?

http://web.archive.org/web/200808092108 ... _moon.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Leftbank
Assistant Referee
Assistant Referee

Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:45 pm

The fact you can bounce a laser off a mirror placed up there not proof enough for ya?

I think there is life on other planets, but we haven't made contact yet.

Plus, hope the Rothschilds do run the world, I work for a member of the family

LEFTBANK Scourge of the Scousers
Rumpole of the Lounge

t.d.
International Player
International Player

Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:18 pm

Given the chaotic/random nature of the universe I'd be amazed if there wasn't life to be found in other places. I'd say it just smacks of pure arrogance (ignorance?) to say that the Earth is the only planet/satellite that can support life in the entire universe. Of course we'll never find out because we live in a pretty massive place. :party:

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:40 pm

That would be arrogance I think. And I agree.

Mushy peas
International Player
International Player

Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:30 pm

This thread :laugh:

FCUM- A right bunch of dicks.

Mushy Peas>Little Pea

Return to “Members Lounge”